He's looked positive in the time he's been at the club, but am I alone in being hugely frustrated at seeing him on the right. I know it's almost par for the course these days to play wingers on their opposite sides - Adam Johnston at Man City has had great success coming in onto his left foot and scoring a few crackers - but I want to see Aluko get past his man, hit the line and whip in a cross. You can see he struggles because he's always wanting to get back onto his left foot, slowing down any momentum he has had to get away from his man and allowing the defence and the keeper to get set. Ideally you want him tearing past the full back, getting the ball in, drawing the keeper off his line and allowing our rampaging midfielders to stride into the box on the end of the cross - boom, goal. It does my bloody head in and I think it's hindering Aluko himself.

Ok, I must be crazy but I thought he WAS in his correct position. I was under the idea he was a right winger? Hence why folk were saying he was Ally's solution to the loss of Naisy.

He can play on either side or even centrally as an attacking midfielder Danny.

Whenever i saw him play for Aberdeen it was on the left. To me he looks totally left footed and wikipedia - it's ALWAYS right - lists him as a left winger.

Spot on. Aberdeen played him mostly on the left and in his first season up there he was their best player.

In all honesty I think he can create chances and score goals for us if he's just allowed a free role like Naismith had.

Still think we should try to get Weiss back up here right enough. Sell Jelavic and use the money to bring in another good striker plus Weiss. Jelavic leaving is on the cards anyway, so get as much money for him as possible and use it wisely.

I know what you are saying. But he did get past his man on the right a couple of times so I don't think in Aluko's case its as much of an issue.

Indeed he did, but then struggled to get the cross in on his right foot.