Billy Davies Joins RTV

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but the wording of this official news feed seems quite strange to me. Could this be a way of introducing a new manager to the fans? :wtf:

BILLY DAVIES is joining RangersTV as our special studio guest for the January 2 clash with Motherwell at Ibrox.

Davies, of course, started his career with the Light Blues and made his debut at the age of 17 against Brechin City.

He also played for Motherwell before becoming boss in 1998 and he has a wealth of experience in the English Championship.

Davies led Preston to the platy-offs twice and took Derby County back into the top flight. He then led Nottingham Forest to the play-offs too only to leave them last summer.

He is passionate and forthright and you can watch him only on RangersTV when he joins Alison Walker.

Would like Derek McInnes to get the chance first but a lot of the mates want Davies.

The question has to be how long do give Ally to get himself out of this mess? If he starts to lose contact with the Mhanks in the league it could be a slippery slope.

Edited by GovanAllan

Would like Derek McInnes to get the chance first but a lot of the mates want Davies.

The question has to be how long do give Ally to get himself out of this mess? If he starts to lose contact with the Mhanks in the league it could be a slippery slope.

Yeah, I'd prefer McInnes too. Perhaps a few years where he proves himself in England first then gets the call to come back up the road?

The question has to be how long do give Ally to get himself out of this mess?

I think Ally deserves a proper chance and to me that means more than just one season. Unfortunately, a lot of other fans don't feel the same way and are already wanting Ally out the door. Going out of Europe and the League Cup so early, our recent slump in results as well as some baffling team selections and substitutions haven't helped his case much, but I still think it's unfair to call for his head at this stage when we're still well and truly in the league title chase. Got to say though, Ally's time as Rangers manager could be brought to an early close if we get put out of the Scottish Cup by Arbroath.

I think Ally deserves a proper chance and to me that means more than just one season. Unfortunately, a lot of other fans don't feel the same way and are already wanting Ally out the door. Going out of Europe and the League Cup so early, our recent slump in results as well as some baffling team selections and substitutions haven't helped his case much, but I still think it's unfair to call for his head at this stage when we're still well and truly in the league title chase. Got to say though, Ally's time as Rangers manager could be brought to an early close if we get put out of the Scottish Cup by Arbroath.

Do you see any improvement in the Rangers team? Apart from 45 minutes against Celtic what I have been watching is dire.

If that does happen then he surely needs to go.

Do you see any improvement in the Rangers team? Apart from 45 minutes against Celtic what I have been watching is dire.

Ally's SPL stats for the number of games we've played are better than Walter's were last season at the same point. You already know I'm not happy with some of his line-ups and tactical decisions pete, but we can still win this league.

If that does happen then he surely needs to go.

Aye, he'd be a lucky man if he kept his job, but we need the players to do the business in Arbroath as well. If they don't they might cost Ally his job.

Aye, he'd be a lucky man if he kept his job, but we need the players to do the business in Arbroath as well. If they don't they might cost Ally his job.

Depends who he picks up there, as it will be similar conditions to the other night, always windy in Arbroath.