Rangers: The truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth

Then, Zappa, there is no reason to not start a fund of such type now. If we lose the tax case it goes towwards that liability. If we win, it becomes a player funding fund.

The problem with waiting till the shit hits the fan is that you dont get time from HMRC to make payments - and how many people would pay 3, 4, 500 quid in one lump sum to help out ?

I just wish we were more pro-active, but we cant even agree on anything, let alone a fund of such type.

Completely agree with all of that mate, but it's a bit of an issue because such a "fund" would need someone leading it (a face/name/figurehead if you will) who the Rangers masses would know and trust. It would need to be a club legend of sorts and sadly I think it would need to be combined with a new entity (org') because the wider fanbase won't trust the trust and they're detached from the Assembly. Then again, if the Assembly could get the right figurehead on-board, then that might actually be the ideal starting point?

What I'm saying Craig, is that any sort of worthwhile Rangers fan fund like we're discussing faces the same basic problems that any fan ownership scheme faces and the major problem is attracting and convincing large numbers of people from the wider fanbase to get involved and invest on an ongoing basis. That's what a Supporters Trust should be doing, but the RST have failed big time. Maybe it's time for a reinvented and brand new RST with a club legend as it's figurehead to get things seriously rolling. As things stand, it's only a turbo-charged RSA, a brand new and highly reputable RST or a brand new and highly reputable organisation that can kick off either a major fund or a credible fan ownership system.

As far as I can see only the Assembly could do it - the Trust, pardon the pun, are untrusted by too many people for it to work through them.

I posted before seeing this, but yes I agree, although a brand new entity would be an option with the right figurehead and the right people involved. Pipe dream?

What about a public share issue any of you guys in the know think Whyte could be aiming at this in the future if the tax case is not disastrous to us.

SDM already had a public share issue and only he (or MIH) put up any significant funds.

Personally I wouldnt be averse to Whyte having a public share issue - it would dilute his ownership but that is a better scenario than us losing the club altogether.

SDM already had a public share issue and only he (or MIH) put up any significant funds.

Personally I wouldnt be averse to Whyte having a public share issue - it would dilute his ownership but that is a better scenario than us losing the club altogether.

Was that not a private issue to existing shareholders only I stand to be corrected as always. :thup:

Just under 6000 hits for this article in one of the busiest Newsnow Rangers days of the year (consistent 2nd place over last 24 hours)...

Who says unofficial sites can't compete with the mainstream media? No ads to suffer either... :whistle::cool: