Youngsters out on loan

Some thoughts on letting a number of younger players away on loan.....

Trying to think positively on this one:

I think it may turn out to be a positive move for next season. Get the younger prospects out to clubs where they will get regular 1st team action. The players then return ready for action next season.

In the event that other more established (or expensive) players are moved on in the summer, some of these youngsters are ready to step into a regular 1st team slot.

I have a feeling that we may see a radically different team on the pitch next season!!!

Hutton ready for scrap

Published on Thursday 2 February 2012 02:28

KYLE Hutton believes a starring role on loan with Dunfermline will make him a Rangers mainstay next season.

The 20-year-old made the move to East End Park until the end of the current campaign, after admitting his career at Ibrox had “stalled”.

A little over a year ago he was a standout against Manchester United in the Champions League but has not featured for Rangers this season and has been on loan with First Division side Partick Thistle.

However, after a call from Rangers manager McCoist, the midfielder believes he will be back in the Ibrox club’s starting eleven next term.

“The gaffer phoned me after I signed and told me to go and get SPL experience, then come back and really kick on and I really needed to hear that,” said Hutton. “That gave me a real boost. This is a great opportunity to play football in the SPL and show the fans and the boss that I’m good enough.”

Dunfermline, the SPL’s bottom club, also took Jordan McMillan from Ibrox to Fife on an 18-month deal and he and Hutton are steeling themselves for a relegation battle.

Hutton added: “I’m delighted for Jordo.

“I’m looking forward to lining up in the same team as him, because he’s a top player.

“We know there will be plenty of pressure. It will be our job to try to add a bit more to the team and try to keep Dunfermline up.

“It’s pressure, but it will be good pressure.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hutton_ready_for_scrap_1_2091221

Without a competitive reserve league this the only way for these guys to move their careers on, think it's a great move to get them all out playing.

Just as a wee side note getting some kind of agreement set up with lower league clubs both here and in England to take our best young prospects on loans I think would be a good move.

Edited by GovanAllan

JORDAN McMILLAN'S love for Rangers ended the day he was axed for Kyle Bartley.

Fed-up McMillan signed an 18-month deal with Dunfermline on transfer deadline day.

He'd come from a family of Gers diehards — but knew it was time to quit when he was dropped after starring on his full debut against Motherwell.

Now McMillan, 23, insists he'll never support his boyhood idols the way he used to as he strives to keep the Pars in the SPL.

McMillan said: "I wanted to move on from Rangers and this is a good chance to play for a manager who's wanted me for a while.

"More so this year I realised it wasn't happening for me at Rangers. We got a few injuries in the right-back position and they put Kyle Bartley in there.

"That was fair enough because Kyle is a great player, but I just thought then it was the time to move on.

"If I'm going to be third choice and they are going to put someone else in in front of me then it was time to go.

"I had enjoyed my game against Motherwell and I'd have liked to have kicked on from there.

"I won't go to Rangers games any more. I've got a lot of friends there and people I admire. But I'm here to play for Dunfermline and I will give my all for them.

"I'll keep my eye on Rangers results, but I can't say I'm a big Rangers fan now.

"I've done what I wanted — I made my debut at Ibrox against Chelsea which was a dream. I was a big fan, I've been brought up a Rangers fan and my family are all fans.

"But when I asked every one of them about coming to Dunfermline they all said: 'Go, you've got to play'.

"I thought it would be harder to leave Murray Park on that final day.

"I could have taken another three-year deal at Rangers and maybe not played in the first team again.

"But I'd have been 26 by the end of it and I want to be playing. A lot of people sit and take the money, but I'm not one of them.

"In a sense I wish I'd done this earlier. When the move to Dunfermline was put in front of me I changed my mind three or four times, I'm not going to lie.

"But I spoke to the gaffer here and the reason I'm here is purely down to what he had to say.

"Jim McIntyre made it clear what he wanted and what he saw for Dunfermline and I just thought it was a good opportunity."

McMillan — whose ex-Gers team-mate Kyle Hutton has signed on loan at the Pars until the end of the season — insists he's ready for a battle to beat the drop. He added: "I've got no qualms about being in a relegation battle.

"I like to think of myself as a bit of a scrapper when the chips are down and we're up against it. That doesn't matter to me.

"I could have moved to a few places. Some clubs down south showed interest, but this decision is purely down to football.

"I could've stayed at Rangers and plugged away and not got a chance. That would've wasted my time to be honest. I'm here to play and hopefully help Dunfermline stay in the SPL."

Ex-Gers defender Andy Dowie is another former Ibrox starlet now at the Pars.

McMillan said: "Andy's a good example of life after Rangers. He's here and he's a good footballer.

"I was only a boy when Andy was in and about the first team at Rangers.

"He was really well thought of at Ibrox and was the next big thing, but it didn't work out, he moved on and he's here now. He's doing well at Dunfermline and I see that as a plus.

"Loads of players have shown that there is life after Rangers. It's hard to leave the surroundings of Murray Parkbut it's purely down to football and wanting to play."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4105580/I-was-always-a-huge-Gers-fan-till-they-binned-me-for-Bartley.html#ixzz1lJmNrdfJ