Vanguard Bears Meeting With CW

I don't know anything about the VB (except that I think I am correct in saying that some or all were members of RST prior to the split in 2008) but what I find astonishing is how anyone accepts all this claptrap from Mr Whyte.

If his evidence in a court of law is regarded as "wholly unreliable" what reason is there to believe that what he says out of court is any more reliable?

Andrew Ellis – Mr Whyte said he will be primarily London based and working on areas like pre-season deals and various other marketing and sponsorship ideas. Mr Whyte had a meeting with a representative from Manchester United in London which prompted him to copy their business plan and open offices in London to augment this business plan.

CW hired an experienced guy to run the new "London office" with a remit of generating and dealing with new marketing and sponsorship ideas, but his initials certainly aren't AE. We don't know exactly what the question was, but I don't believe the answer... at all.

I don't know anything about the VB (except that I think I am correct in saying that some or all were members of RST prior to the split in 2008) but what I find astonishing is how anyone accepts all this claptrap from Mr Whyte.

If his evidence in a court of law is regarded as "wholly unreliable" what reason is there to believe that what he says out of court is any more reliable?

There's no black & white (wonder, how often I need to say this). No-one says that Whyte is reliable, or what he says to the RST, Assembly, or now Vanguardbears is reliable. BUT so to is nothing the press and media spouts on a nearly daily basis, fueled by Rangers-haters or people who - despite being so-called Rangers men - still have an axe to grind with Whyte (namely various directors and CEOs).

Despite all the constant malcontent thrown at Whyte, so far he has done nothing to suggest that he's at this moment and time not the right man for the job. Now, I asssume that within minutes people will throw various points at me with regard to his financing of this and that and whatnot, but as far as I am concerned, he has answered all these question a few times by now. Sure, people want to know more and are not satisfied, but SO BE IT. He will not invite anyone who wants to have a look at his work, nor would any other chairmen of this planet. He can only do so much and once this HMRC case is being dealt with, we will see the "true face" of Whyte. But for the time being, some people should start to relax somewhat and give the guy some breathing space.

As for court of law people, these are the same sort of people who deemed certain songs aired by the scum to be political and not sectarian (if a touch discriminatory), while sentencing our folk for singing various utterly non-sectarian or at least non-discriminatory songs. And rest assured, if the press would dig an inch deeper, they would fine similar finance cases concerning McCann, Desmond, Murray and others, but Whyte is the tune of the day. And as it goes, you wonder what would have broken lose had Dave King taken over instead, with his hundreds of million of tax bill cases in his wake.

Edited by der Berliner
spelling

CW hired an experienced guy to run the new "London office" with a remit of generating and dealing with new marketing and sponsorship ideas, but his initials certainly aren't AE. We don't know exactly what the question was, but I don't believe the answer... at all.

Misha Sher is the guys name.

Piece about him in the Mag this month.

There's no black & white (wonder, how often I need to say this). No-one says that Whyte is reliable, or what he says to the RST, Assembly, or now Vanguardbears is reliable. BUT so to is nothing the press and media spouts on a nearly daily basis, fueled by Rangers-haters or people who - despite being so-called Rangers men - still have an axe to grind with Whyte (namely various directors and CEOs).

Despite all the contant malcontent thrown at Whyte, so far he has done nothing to suggest that he's at this moment and time not the right man for the job. Now, I asssume that within minutes people will throw various points at me with regard to his financing of this and that and whatnot, but as far as I am concerned, he has answered all these question a few times by now. Sure, people want to know more and are not satisfied, but SO BE IT. He will not invite anyone who wants to have a look at his work, nor would any other chairmen of this planet. He can only do so much and once this HMRC case is being dealt with, we will see the "true face" of Whyte. But for the time being, some people should start to relax somewhat and give the guy some breathing space.

As for court of law people, these are the same sort of people who deemed certain songs aired by the scum to be political and not sectarian (if a touch discriminatory), while sentencing our folk for singing various utterly non-sectarian or at least non-discriminatory songs. And rest assured, if the press would dig an inch deeper, they would fine similar finance cases concerning McCann, Desmond, Murray and others, but Whyte is the tune of the day. And as it goes, you wonder what would have broken lose had Dave King taken over instead, with his hundreds of million of tax bill cases in his wake.

This is exactly how i feel. In my eyes he's not really done anything wrong yet.

Misha Sher is the guys name.

Piece about him in the Mag this month.

Yep and my question is why is CW essentailly saying Ellis is doing this guy Sher's job? It makes absolutely no sense. Ellis has his own business/s, so the idea that he was just all of a sudden made a director of the club recently for "marketing and sponsorship" reasons and based in London to help or assist Misha Sher when Ellis has been a director of Whyte's takeover group all along sounds like total bullshit. Ellis is involved for a reason, but I bet it isn't for marketing and sponsorship.

Yep and my question is why is CW essentailly saying Ellis is doing this guy Sher's job? It makes absolutely no sense. Ellis has his own business/s, so the idea that he was just all of a sudden made a director of the club recently for "marketing and sponsorship" reasons and based in London to help or assist Misha Sher when Ellis has been a director of Whyte's takeover group all along sounds like total bullshit. Ellis is involved for a reason, but I bet it isn't for marketing and sponsorship.

Just another riddle in the whole sorry mess.

Just another riddle in the whole sorry mess.

The more questions put to CW by fans and others (press/media) having meetings with him, the more new questions arise because of some of his answers. Most people seem to be delighted that he's meeting with fans and answering questions, hailing him for being more transparent than the previous regime, but to me he seems to be just constantly digging a hole for himself.

The more questions put to CW by fans and others (press/media) having meetings with him, the more new questions arise because of some of his answers. Most people seem to be delighted that he's meeting with fans and answering questions, hailing him for being more transparent than the previous regime, but to me he seems to be just constantly digging a hole for himself.

As Brahim says, if he is totally unreliable in a court of law, why would he be any different with the fans.