Villa want Wallace

Erm, is this the Villa team which defended for its lives and only got undone by a set piece?

I don't like Villa much but to slag them off for barely losing to Man City is just mad.

Two points from their last 7 home games isn't good enough.

Alh2aTaCIAALs6e.jpg

Edited by Gazza_8

What's the source of the rumour Gav?

The Scottish Sun.

ALEX McLeish is planning a £2.5million summer raid on cash-strapped Rangers for Lee Wallace.

The Aston Villa boss wants the Scotland international to replace Stephen Warnock, who will be allowed to leave Villa Park at the end of the season.

McLeish has turned to the Ibrox player after being told by Celtic to drop his interest in Emilio Izaguirre.

The Honduran defender was his first choice as he plans a major overhaul in the summer with at least four players being cleared out.

Habib Beye, James Collins and Stiliyan Petrov will join Warnock in leaving as part of owner Randy Lerner's latest cost-cutting regime.

Warnock has fallen out of favour with McLeish after some poor displays and he has emerged as a target for Martin O'Neill, his former boss, at Sunderland.

Guest superrcooper7
Rangers’ left back Lee Wallace is a £2.5 million summer target for Aston Villa under Alex McLeish, according to the Sun.

DON'T MISS

Sir Doug Ellis tips mega-rich City to win titleDunne out for a month with shoulder injury

Match Report: Aston Villa 0-1 Man CityBent wants spot in England Euro 2012 squad

The report claims that the Villa boss wants the Scotland international to replace Stephen Warnock, who will be allowed to leave the club in the summer.

Warnock is said to have fallen out of favour with the manager and is a target for Martin O’Neill as he continues his revolution at Sunderland.

The 30-year-old was named on the bench for Sunday’s defeat against Manchester City, being replaced by Carlos Cuellar in the starting line up.

Edinburgh-born Wallace signed for the Gers from Hearts for a fee of £1.5 million in last summer's transfer window and has played left midfield in addition to full-back.

He reportedly became a Villa target after Celtic told McLeish that Honduras international left-back Emilio Izaguirre was not for sale.

Habib Beye, James Collins, and Stiliyan Petrov could also leave the club in the summer as part of owner Randy Lerner’s attempts to reduce the wage bill.

Pinch of salt maybe but agree McLeish may not be there after the summer. A fickle lot the Villa fans it seems and IMO mainly due to the fact he managed Brum.

Pinch of salt maybe but agree McLeish may not be there after the summer. A fickle lot the Villa fans it seems and IMO mainly due to the fact he managed Brum.

And possibly because they noticed how he set them out to play causing them to get relegated. A combination of the two.

Guest superrcooper7
And possibly because they noticed how he set them out to play causing them to get relegated. A combination of the two.

Yeah I agree. Never sure what to make of his abilities tbh, I want to like him because of what he did for us under tough circumstances but there's always something there and I'm just not sure of him.

Yeah I agree. Never sure what to make of his abilities tbh, I want to like him because of what he did for us under tough circumstances but there's always something there and I'm just not sure of him.

I'll never forgive him for playing a midfield trio of Hughes, Namouchi and Malcolm in a must win european game. We lost!