Who thinks what.

Just wondering what our thoughts are now on what to expect in the oncoming week\weeks. I very much doubt if Whyte can return. Are there still people who think he will? Did he pay the 18 mill with our borrowed money? All other thoughts. Was this Whyte alone or a criminal sort Mafia with more people involved. I am certainly swaying towards a criminal scenario. Are there still people who think he is just a patsy? I thought this in the beginning but don't now, I think he was a chancer who bluffed his way all along. Some will say he must have been a great actor but conmen often are. I am now off the fence and down on the conman side. I think he was more a dreamer than Patsy but I won't rule patsy out totally.

It's not crime, not as you know it. It's business and business has many diffirent loopholes that it can jump through, but, as we're continually hearing, it's all legal and above board.

Well, to their definitions!!!

Let me just copy what Richie Foran has to say about our situation (from FF, source to follow):

Richie Foran

First of all I don't want or need anyone's sympathy but think it is worth comparing and contrasting Dublin born Foran's words about our 'wonderful club' with the bile streaming out of Celtc and the media.

Inverness captain Richie Foran has expressed his sympathy for the staff at Rangers in the wake of the club going into administration.

Foran was in a similar position at Carlisle United in 2002.

"If you're not happy off the park it will affect your football," he said after Rangers lost 1-0 to Kilmarnock in their first post-administration game.

"It will affect at least half the team, not knowing their futures, not knowing if the mortgages are going to be paid."

Continue reading the main story

It will affect their players - I know it did with us at Carlisle

Irishman Foran thinks the result at Ibrox should not come as a major surprise given events off the pitch.

"But they've got to rise above it and they've got experienced players there that can help the other lads through," he told BBC Scotland.

"I do feel for them, it's sad times, but hopefully they can get themselves organised and kick on for next year, because they're a wonderful club.

"We need them in the SPL and playing good football. Millions of people watch Celtic v Rangers every year, so they're good for Scottish football.

"Hopefully they can come back from this."

Foran was at Carlisle for three of the most traumatic seasons in the current League One side's history before moving to Motherwell.

And he remembers only too well the atmosphere at Brunton Park in those dark days.

"I feel sad for all the Rangers people, the supporters and the people you don't hear about, like the office staff, the cleaners," he said.

"Rangers must employ a lot of people and a lot could be let go, so it can be worse in football.

"It's personal, a lot of families are heartbroken now and I feel for all these people.

"I was in that situation at Carlisle, the same thing happened and you see people in tears going out the door.

"It's a very, very sad time."

Despite his sorrow for the beleaguered Ibrox side, Foran is aiming to pile on the misery when Rangers visit Caledonian Stadium on Scottish Premier League duty next weekend.

"I hope they're sad again walking off the pitch like they will have been after the Kilmarnock game," he added following his side's 1-1 draw away to Dunfermline Athletic.

"It's up to us to make sure they don't have a good day on Sunday.

"It will affect their players - I know it did with us at Carlisle, but they've got a wonderful manager there in Ally McCoist.

"He comes across really well and he's a Rangers man.

"He'll be helping the players to come through this."

Wasn't he playing alongside McDonald in the Motherwell team that beat the Hooped Horrors on the first Helicopter Sunday?

Edit: Source is BBC

Edited by der Berliner

I think the key thing will be he probably didn't do anything illegal, but what he did do, people find unsavoury and therefore he'll be tarnished. Even if he turns out to be the key to Rangers' survival, his position is untenable. The mhedia have done a hatchett job on him well enough that if he did stay (having acted within the law) the reputation of Rangers will suffer. So as a supporter all his life, he would/should step down when the furore is over.

The thing about doing something illegal is you have to have a plan to get away with. Now we can call Whyte a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them. If he really was up to something illegal the last thing he would want is an outsider in the shape of an admin team looking through all the books.