Despite our club's future being so uncertain and muddled with hearsay and speculation, there is one thing that all Rangers fans can agree on at the moment and that is we need a new road forward for the club. Regardless of what the outcome is over the next few months a new vision and a new approach for our great club cannot be disputed after many years of wreckless mismanagement.

What would your top 5 changes be to enable our club to establish a more stable long term future?

My 5 would be:

1. Not factoring monies accrued from Europe as a vital part of the accounts

2. A board that is more democratic than autocratic with fan representation (with maybe a 5 year cycle for a chairmen?)

3. A cash based fan membership and voting scheme to have a bigger input into our club

4. A more imaginative marketing and PR dept. after too many years of poor PR

5. Maybe a figurehead as the Club President? (ex-player or manager)

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

You make good points mate but, at the end of the day, money talks.

It will be very difficult to persuade a rich businessman that he should have the same voting rights as you or I if they intend putting in a lot more money. Similarly, some of the names I've mentioned in another thread may be friendly in a social Members Lounge sense but can they work together to maximise a joint business venture.

I agree the structure has to change but it will still need under-written and backed by heavy hitters. We can only hope progress is made.

You make good points mate but, at the end of the day, money talks.

It will be very difficult to persuade a rich businessman that he should have the same voting rights as you or I if they intend putting in a lot more money. Similarly, some of the names I've mentioned in another thread may be friendly in a social Members Lounge sense but can they work together to maximise a joint business venture.

I agree the structure has to change but it will still need under-written and backed by heavy hitters. We can only hope progress is made.

Agreed Frankie but surely there must be a way of having a representation for the fans on the board? They might not get full voting rights but could act more as a bridge between the board and the lifeblood of the club.

This may not go down well, but I think the fans HAVE to make a change too. Not ALL fans, but those who insist on singing certain songs. Even when Rangers have been completely skint, some fans have continued to sing songs which have seen us sanctioned in Europe, in times when we can ill afford to spend money on fines.

If we want to improve the reputation of the club - which is in dire need of it - certain sections of fans have to make a change. Is this all Rangers is? Singing sectarian songs? Not in my mind.

Agreed Frankie but surely there must be a way of having a representation for the fans on the board? They might not get full voting rights but could act more as a bridge between the board and the lifeblood of the club.

I absolutely agree the fans must be represented going forward. Our financial investment each season is the most important so we should be entitled to a more progressive contribution.

I'm sure there will be a way to knit together a membership scheme with individual larger investors.

This may not go down well, but I think the fans HAVE to make a change too. Not ALL fans, but those who insist on singing certain songs. Even when Rangers have been completely skint, some fans have continued to sing songs which have seen us sanctioned in Europe, in times when we can ill afford to spend money on fines.

If we want to improve the reputation of the club - which is in dire need of it - certain sections of fans have to make a change. Is this all Rangers is? Singing sectarian songs? Not in my mind.

To be fair, our fans have largely addressed that. We don't help ourselves sometimes but there are a variety of mitigating circumstances which explain the odd step backwards.

Improved representation at board level may enable us to more easily make our points with regard to unacceptable conduct to the appropriate people - be it fans or, indeed, the law-makers.

To be fair, our fans have largely addressed that. We don't help ourselves sometimes but there are a variety of mitigating circumstances which explain the odd step backwards.

Improved representation at board level may enable us to more easily make our points with regard to unacceptable conduct to the appropriate people - be it fans or, indeed, the law-makers.

But allowing the club to face European fines/sanctions for singing widely unacceptable songs is just stupid. Saturday it happened at home too. It's a personal opinion of mine yes, but I don't see how singing like that endears us to anyone. It gives Septic the upper hand all the freaking time. They have the political argument (one which I completely abhorr and disagree with) but ours is about Religion.

I agree most fans have turned things around, but unfortunately it can easily be heard still.

But allowing the club to face European fines/sanctions for singing widely unacceptable songs is just stupid. Saturday it happened at home too. It's a personal opinion of mine yes, but I don't see how singing like that endears us to anyone. It gives Septic the upper hand all the freaking time. They have the political argument (one which I completely abhorr and disagree with) but ours is about Religion.

I agree most fans have turned things around, but unfortunately it can easily be heard still.

Such chants are going to be heard now and again. That's probably the first time this season and generally the alleged offensive stuff has all but disappeared.

Of course work must continue to ensure the club's future is not in danger because of a few daft songs. Personally, I don't see it as a huge issue at the moment - there's much more important considerations to debate going forward.

Like I say, in many ways, improved representation at board level should enable us to address the issue even more effectively.

Agree 100% mate. There are enough songs to sing that don't involve hating something for goodness sakes. Let's be positive about our club and support the team without any negative stuff attached. I must admit that I was somewhat dismayed that certain folks used the game at the weekend to merely crank up the sectarian megaphone instead of positively supporting the team and the club

Such chants are going to be heard now and again. That's probably the first time this season and generally the alleged offensive stuff has all but disappeared.

Of course work must continue to ensure the club's future is not in danger because of a few daft songs. Personally, I don't see it as a huge issue at the moment - there's much more important considerations to debate going forward.

Like I say, in many ways, improved representation at board level should enable us to address the issue even more effectively.

I agree with you, I do. I know it's not as prevalent now as it was, I had just hoped that Saturday would have been clear from it. It might be a small issue, but it's one picked up with regularity and blown up to suit different agendas. I merely hoping we could remove one less stick to be beaten with.