Why does the club still have this huge £10m shortfall per season?

I see that STV and other media have been reporting that we have a £4.5m shortfall and the administrators have to find a way to cover it or there isn't enough money to see the season out. The way they're reporting it, it's unclear if the player wage cuts will help reduce that shortfall amount or not.

Edited by Zappa

Well, going by tonight's statement by the administrators it looks as though the shortfall for this season is nowhere near the £10m that Craig Whyte has repeatedly claimed. As I suspected, it's a significantly smaller amount. More lies from Whyte then or just poor arithmetic? :whistle:

I see that STV and other media have been reporting that we have a £4.5m shortfall and the administrators have to find a way to cover it or there isn't enough money to see the season out. The way they're reporting it, it's unclear if the player wage cuts will help reduce that shortfall amount or not.

"In short, the Rangers business is trading at a substantial loss and we have no alternative but to fill an approximate £4.5 million shortfall by the end of the season."

As I understand it, Zappa, the Administrators are referring to the shortfall between now and the end of the season.

"It is therefore imperative that we find savings of approximately £1 million per month to ensure the ongoing viability of the business."

As the players' salaries are the biggest single expense at the Club, inded the only significant expense between now and the end of the season, any salary cuts would make a significant difference to the shortfall.

Whyte's figures were for a whole season and did look roughly correct in the context of no European football.