Why does the club still have this huge £10m shortfall per season?

I'm struggling to understand this. Craig Whyte has claimed that we still have this huge shortfall per season based on roughly £35m income and £45m costs, but it doesn't make sense to me because our squad is smaller than it's been for years and we've sold or released a lot of the high earning players in recent years. Last season we had a decent run in Europe that reportedly brought in over £15m in revenue, so with our cutbacks in the squad over the past year (and more), how on earth can our financial shortfall still be as high as Whyte claims it is?

I'm struggling to understand this. Craig Whyte has claimed that we still have this huge shortfall per season based on roughly £35m income and £45m costs, but it doesn't make sense to me because our squad is smaller than it's been for years and we've sold or released a lot of the high earning players in recent years. Last season we had a decent run in Europe that reportedly brought in over £15m in revenue, so with our cutbacks in the squad over the past year (and more), how on earth can our financial shortfall still be as high as Whyte claims it is?

This needs a bit of research on the numbers Zappa but remember that CW was talking THIS season with no European money, so as with 2008 we are down say £10-15M which is the difference between a small profit and a big loss.

Squad was apparently 30 players and at least three were put on £25k+/week (£1.25M/season); plus Healy, Goian, Bocanegra, must be on at least £10k, Jelavic would have been more than that, Weir was also on £10k+ and Naismith? A half million here a half million there soon adds up.

This needs a bit of research on the numbers Zappa but remember that CW was talking THIS season with no European money, so as with 2008 we are down say £10-15M which is the difference between a small profit and a big loss.

Squad was apparently 30 players and at least three were put on £25k+/week (£1.25M/season); plus Healy, Goian, Bocanegra, must be on at least £10k, Jelavic would have been more than that, Weir was also on £10k+ and Naismith? A half million here a half million there soon adds up.

I understand the problems of our exit from Europe this season BH, but Whyte has been talking about the £10m shortfall as if it was something he inherited that carries on when I don't think it does. Like you say though, it needs a bit of research on the numbers.

There is some amount of money being spent that we aren't being told about from Rangers and it's been going on for years not just with CW hopefully we will finally get the answers we need.

We must be the most inefficient club in the world and have been for years it's time for a change.

We must be the most inefficient club in the world and have been for years it's time for a change.

Hopefully, the administrators will get that all sorted!!!

I reckon, we should appoint the 2 Administrators as joint chairmen after everything is sorted!!!

Hopefully, the administrators will get that all sorted!!!

I reckon, we should appoint the 2 Administrators as joint chairmen after everything is sorted!!!

Would definitely look at someone from this area of the business world.

Edited by GovanAllan