Elaborate rumour

I take the liberty to C&P Bluedell's reply ... (and land myself in deep trouble with him :flute: )

... with regard to Pacific Shelf 595 Ltd.

There are 3 main companies in this discussion:

1. Celtic plc - this company was formed in 1897 and was previously known as "The Celtic Football And Atheltic Company Limited". Its name changed in 1994. It was the football club (and may well still be). It appears to own the players and Celtic Park.

2. Celtic F.C. Limited - this company was formed in 2001 and was previously HMS (402) Ltd. Celtic describe it as being a fotball club and it receives all the gate money and pays all the wages of the players and other staff.

3. The Celtic Football And Atheltic Company Limited - This was set up in 1994 and was previously Pacific Shelf 595 Ltd. It is not the football club despite its name and Tannochside Bear has confused matters by claiming it is. Not much goes through it. It had £80K of turnover in 2010. It was probably set up just to maintain the old name.

The football club is either company 1 or company 2. The company that owns the ground isn't important but the companty that owns the players is. You would think that the company that owns the players must be the club, but you would also think that the company that owns the players must be the one that pays them, which it doesn't, and the one that collects in the gate receipts.

It seems to be a mixture of company 1 and company 2, but if I was to guess, I'd say that company 1 is probably the football club as it owns the players.

Only scratching on the surface, but one never knows what sort of "illegal" skeleton may lie buried here ...