Sir alex ferguson supports â??save rangersâ?� campaign

SIR ALEX FERGUSON has thrown his weight behind the 'Save Rangers' campaign being run by worried Blues fans.

The Rangers Supporters' Trust have set up a website which fans can use to detail how much they would be willing to pledge towards any future campaign to raise funds for the stricken outfit.

Ferguson has written to them to give the campaign his backing and offer his thoughts to the staff members whose jobs have been placed on the line.

The Manchester United boss said: "Having been born within one mile of Ibrox Stadium, grew up supporting Rangers and had the pleasure of playing for them, I really hope that the future of this great club is made secure.

"No matter whether you supported them or not, no-one can dispute their place in Scottish football history.

"I fear not only for the supporters, but for all those loyal staff members whose lives are embedded in the fabric of the club.

Having been born within one mile of Ibrox Stadium, grew up supporting Rangers and had the pleasure of playing for them, I really hope that the future of this great club is made secure

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson

"Ally McCoist and his staff have done a marvellous job in continuing under such pressure as have other staff like Sandy Jardine, who work tirelessly to maintain the club's prominence.

"I wish Rangers Football Club all the good luck in the coming weeks and sincerely hope that a resolution is found."

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/307230/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-supports-Save-Rangers-campaign

I more positive contribution would be for him to organise a double header with Manchester Utd (at the end of the season) with the funds going to Rangers FC to help us through this period. Tbh, i've been less than impressed with the lack of support from other clubs especially in England. We've played plenty of friendlies and testimonials down their and our fans have helped line the pockets of many a player, i'd have thought that would be worth more than a couple of words here and there.

As for Portsmouth - no way should we do a double header with them, they'd be taking more than their fair share of the profits as the bulk of fans (home AND away) would be ours. We're looking for help and all we get is Portsmouth seeing an opportunity to take money off our fans! NO CHANCE.

I would have thought proceeds in any friendly with Portsmouth would be proportional?

In a perfect world they would but i get the feeling they're just chancing their arm. We played a friendly down there not long ago and they took the lot (if memory serves me right).

It's not just about the money a lot would be down to the publicity gained for Rangers. I think had Celtic been in our position some clubs down south would've jumped at the chance. It's all down whether the English Club wants positive PR as with our club they wouldn't get that what with the media up here hating us and actively trying to make our situation worse.

It seems to me that now we're going through a bad patch (hopefully just that) and we need assistance no one is coming forward with anything helpful to us...

Just my feellings...