How long can we suffer Jim Sinclair? - Youth department change required

Guest Dutchy

My dictionary Ergatrude defines the word as: A continued discourse or disputation: an invective harangue.

Of course, some people may see the first part, dia as a shorthand for diarrhoea, which from the origianl Greek means through. If you've ever suffered from diarrhoea, you may be able to make the connection.

It seems it's only site administrators that can tell other forum members they're talking shite. Administrators that seem to have a working relationship in accountacy and general money laudering. Views with which I strongly disagree with due to the evidence of the last 30 years of politics and the way business has been allowed.

I will continue to give my views and the only way I will be stopped from experssing my disputative manner is if I'm banned/blocked from the site, which is always a danger to free speach, especially when the one of the more powerful disputants has the power to do so.

It's called governance by fear.

• 5 months later...

3250ef2cd767a7edfd5574c428bc91dd_S.jpg

JIM SINCLAIR his hoping Rangers make a better fist of the Youth Cup this season when they kick off their campaign on Sunday at Ibrox.

Last year saw the clubâ??s under-19 side fall at the first hurdle in a 3-1 extra-time defeat to Dundee United at Ibrox.

That ended a run that had seen the Light Blues reaching five consecutive Hampden finals in the competition.

It was a massive disappointment for everyone in the clubâ??s youth department, but the progress of both Barrie McKay and Lewis Macleod from the under-19 team that day to the first team now is what Sinclair is most proud of.

He said: â??Thatâ??s success for us. They have done very well and I hope they continue to do well for the manager during the course of the year.*

â??We were bitterly disappointed with that result last year because we had a group that we thought would have done better and it was a result from which we never really recovered.

â??But weâ??re not really here to produce teams as everyone should be aware. Weâ??re here to get players in to the first team and it really is a bonus if the sides do well at that age.

â??Reaching finals is good for their education, but the bottom line is that we need to try to get players ready for the manager to support and complement the first team squad.â?

That has continued to happen for the Light Blues with a number of youth team graduates reaching the first team over the past few seasons.

And with Sundayâ??s side against St Johnstone likely to be shorn of eligible players like McKay and Macleod who will travel to Berwick with the first, it is something Sinclair hopes to see continuing.

He added: â??If I had the choice, this is the way it would be. If we had a full complement of youth players and none in the first team squad Iâ??d be bitterly disappointed.

â??We have Barrie, Lewis and Robbie Crawford, I suspect, with the first team and also Kamil Wiktorski who may travel with the squad.

â??Thatâ??s success for us though. That will be one glimmer for us at the end of Sunday if the result doesnâ??t go well, the fact that weâ??ve had kids in the first team squad.â?

Kick off on Sunday is at 1pm at Ibrox. You can pay at the gate, £4 for adults and £1 for concessions/juveniles.

b4ac33f6fe81d54ed9a9247555ae868c_S.jpg

JIM SINCLAIR canâ??t wait to see a Rangers youth side in competitive action again with an under-20 team set for Youth Cup action.

The Academy boss says his young players are raring to go, but knows the clash with St Johnstone at Ibrox will be a tough one.

His young side have yet to kick off in the SFL reserve league so go in to Sundayâ??s clash at disadvantage against the Perth outfit.

He said: â??We are delighted to have some action, the only pity being that we havenâ??t played a competitive match so far this season.

â??The SFL reserve league doesnâ??t start for a few weeks yet so weâ??re going in to the game a wee bit on the back foot, but weâ??re looking forward to it.

â??Itâ??s at Ibrox which is always a good education for the kids and we hope thereâ??s a healthy turn out to support them.*

â??We have a hard game on Sunday and St Johnstone have already played some games in their under-20 league so itâ??s going to be a tough task.

â??Itâ??s an under-20 competition but we will be a very young side, predominantly under-17 and under-18 with a few under-19s.

â??In some cases weâ??ll be giving away a couple of years but while itâ??s a young group, itâ??s a good group and we hope we can make a fist of it.â?

Sinclair is hoping that the emergence of former Youth Cup stars Lewis Macleod and Barrie McKay as first team contenders can encourage his current crop of stars to continue their own progress through hard work.

He added: â??Thereâ??s nothing worse than working hard on a daily basis and not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel.

â??But the manager has certainly given that light and the kids are working hard to that end.*

â??If Barrie and Lewis can continue to keep a foothold in the first team then that sets a great path for the younger players.â?

Kick off on Sunday is at 1pm at Ibrox. You can pay at the gate, £4 for adults and £1 for concessions/juveniles.