How long can we suffer Jim Sinclair? - Youth department change required

I have just joined this thread but I do want to say that Youth football is not all about winning. Why is it not all about winning well every age level has 2 age groups. A first years under 15's and a second years under 15's. The difference in strength of these 2 teams can be massive. While it might seem a catastrophe that we lost 5-2 to Caley the fact is if Caley were all 2nd years under 15's and Rangers mostly first years then you really would not expect rangers to win. I do not know who was what but I just wanted to point that out. the difference between a boy of 141\2 and 151\2 can be massive in strength. If it is not like that in Scotland then i stand corrected.

It is like that here Pete. We have 1st and 2nd year teams at most youth levels, certainly all of the later (older) ones, hence the gaps - U15, U17, U19.

IMO there should be an U21 team and related leagues as well because it would be in harmony with the U21 international squad.

Guest Dutchy

It was Mark Wotte that said on that debate that players need intelligence as well, having everyone shout at the young lads does not encourage them to think for themselves, thus, they tend to hoof the ball up the park.

It's obviously a cultural thing.

It was Mark Wotte that said on that debate that players need intelligence as well, having everyone shout at the young lads does not encourage them to think for themselves, thus, they tend to hoof the ball up the park.

It's obviously a cultural thing.

I don't mean him I mean the guy from Hutchinson vale school.

We certainly need to look at our youth system in some detail. Even when we are back on our financial feet we should be looking at bringing through 1 or 2 youths every single season. We should be looking at quality and not quantity.

What I would say is that we could have the best youth system in the world but if the 1st team manager isn't willing to give them a chance then what's the point? Even this season guys like McMillan (before he left), Perry and Hutton would have done a better job than say Whittaker, Broadfoot and McCulloch.

Guest Dutchy

I don't think it takes loads o'money to develope good players, but we certainly seem to have gotten the businessmans bullshit on everytime we think about how, or indeed why we do things.

FFS Dutchy, any chance you could stop polluting EVERY thread with your diatribe about capitalism and business ?

Create a single thread for it and let it be debated - but polluting every thread is tiresome.