Ticketus and the Blue Knights

Lots of good points as usual mate.

I also think we will be using them for preferential loan rates. In many ways it makes sense to use them under the current terms but Ive still to be convinced.

I'm also not sure of the legal side of involving a company which invests in lots of different football clubs.

Should we as a club seek sympathy for ourselves having been duped by Whyte but then disregard others who may have suffered the same fate?

Ticketus must have known what Whyte was up to, or else they would just have paid the cash to the club when he took over.

The way that the deal was to be structured was well-publicised and 5 minutes of due diligence by Ticketus would have highlighted what he as up to, if he had not already expalined it to them.

They are complicit and I have no sympathy with them.

Guest Dutchy

I'll read that blog when I get home. I'm in the library at the moment, but I'm heading to the pub for there's a real ale festival on today and it's only £1.95.

If I drink enough, I may even believe I'm a Blue Night. lol

Ticketus must have known what Whyte was up to, or else they would just have paid the cash to the club when he took over.

The way that the deal was to be structured was well-publicised and 5 minutes of due diligence by Ticketus would have highlighted what he as up to, if he had not already expalined it to them.

They are complicit and I have no sympathy with them.

Ignorance cannot be an excuse here, they are complicit whether knowingly or not. A rumour was doing the rounds yesterday that one of Craig Whyte's relations is on the board of Octopus...far fetched in all probability but it does make you wonder.

I also think we will be using them for preferential loan rates. In many ways it makes sense to use them under the current terms but Ive still to be convinced.

Maybe I'm missing something or getting the numbers wrong Frankie, but Ticketus seem to have bought 100,000 season books for about half their value. Not exactly a good loan rate. :hm: