The difference between us and them....

I'm not really one for sweeping statements or generalisations but....(deep breath) there are a few things that I've picked up on over the last few years concerning Gers and Celtic fans that I have found intriguing.

The things that I have noticed is the rather strange and somewhat deluded arrogance and confidence that many Celtic fans have regarding their team. Considering they have won hee-haw over the last 3 years with a far larger sqaud and wage budget they seem to appoach every OF game with a rather ridiculous "it's a fore gone conclusion" attitude. This baffles me. Have they not watched any OF games? For example, if Rangers had won the Champions League 3 years on the bounce and were World Champions with superstars all over the pitch etc etc. and were playing a struggling Celtic that were languishing at the bottom of the Scottish 3rd Division I would still think the game will be tight. Maybe that's just me but IMO there is too much pride at stake in these game.

Look at last season, we were gubbed 3-0 by Celtic at Parkhead and it brought forth the same hyperbolic nonsense about how this team were going to sweep all before them and win the league for the next 5/6 years... what happened in the end? I recall the same comments got an airing after McDonald scored to beat Rangers 1-0 at Ibrox a few years back. Again...what happened in the end?

Another thing that I don't get regarding Celtic fans is the equally hyperbolic reaction to a run of form from one their players and the subsequent over pricing of their value. For example over the last few years we've had £10 million plus values being attached to Scott Brown, Gary Hooper, Brahim Kayal and Emillio Izaguirre based on 2/3 months "decent" form. Compare that to Rangers fans who seem to accept that playing in the SPL means that our better players have modest values.

Has anyone else noticed these traits?

I'm convinced that a huge number of supposed Celtic fans aren't actually football fans at all, they are just brought up to believe that it's their duty as a Catholic (or person of Irish heritage) to hate Rangers and support "Ra Sellick". The ones I'm talking about are the ones who on the face of it seem to be committed Celtic fans but couldn't name a player from any SPL team outside of their own and of course Rangers. It's a cultural badge of honour for them rather than an interest in the Sport.

If you boiled them down to the genuine ones you would be left with barely enough to fill Celtic Park. We have some who fit that description as well don't get me wrong, but they are more than outweighed by the majority of sincere fans who love football and happen to support Rangers.