Royâ??s bid is in for Naisy

WEST BROM last night slapped in a £2million bid for Rangers star Stevie Naismith.

comment on this story 9 comments

SunSport exclusively revealed yesterday that the Baggies want Naisy and his Gers team-mate Allan McGregor.

They lodged an offer with Ibrox administrators Duff and Phelps before close of business.

Scotland star Naisy, 25, is still recovering from the horror cruciate injury which wrecked his season. He faces a race against time to be fit for the start of the new campaign â?? but Albion want him now.

Roy Hodgson reckons he can land the frontman on the cheap and wants to tie up a cut-price deal as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Brian Kennedy aimed a parting shot at the Ibrox administrators as he confirmed he WON'T be returning with an improved offer for Gers.

And, on the day Duff and Phelps set an April 4 deadline for final bids for Gers, Kennedy told SunSport he won't be returning to the negotiating table.

The Scots tycoon said: "I am definite in that I won't be returning with a new bid for the club.

"We will have to wait and see what happens but I've made my position with the administrators clear.

"My bid was a good bid, it was robust, it could be financed and it could have been done very quickly.

"When you are determining what the best bid is, I think it's not just about the biggest number.

"It is about how secure it is and it's also about its ability to deliver.

"That's what the administrators have to determine and also what is the liquidity of the investment going forward in order to preserve the club.

"It's not just about the money up front. It's about what you invest in afterwards and how capable you are of doing that."

Kennedy has backed Paul Murray and his Blue Knights in their battle to seize control of the club.

But he insists issues would have to be resolved before he joined up with the Blue Knights and is set against fan ownership.

He added: "I don't believe in that, that would detract from it and I don't think it would raise enough capital, the kind you need in a fast-moving commercial world."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4230753/Roys-bid-is-in-for-Naisy.html#ixzz1qgIGrgL9

It is something that we are gonna have to prepare for though. I hate saying this but we are an easy target for having players "nicked" now. Unless something happens on the new owner from ASAP.

Super Ally is saying the same thing in todays Express,he has no power to stop players leaving,I think we all know that and can expect more of the same

Super Ally is saying the same thing in todays Express,he has no power to stop players leaving,I think we all know that and can expect more of the same

I don't blame them either. I hate saying this and it'll be the last time i say it here. I'm convinced we're going into liquidation.

I don't blame them either. I hate saying this and it'll be the last time i say it here. I'm convinced we're going into liquidation.

Fuck,I so hope you're wrong,but I am also fearing the worst.

I am afraid I agree with you both. I also think we will be put into liquidation or the Ticketus deal will be forced on us. The only thing that stops me thinking about liquidation is the Ticketus deal as it won't suit them at all. Getting rid of Kennedy, possibly the fans favourites, fits in with the Whyte administrators and Ticketus friendship. I still keep smelling a rat somewhere.