Hi fellow Bears, I've mentioned this already on here. I'm off to Ibrox today for the first time in 4 years and I cant wait! I've been a Gers fan from knee high, used to go to all the games home and away no danger - a proper fan, true blue through and through.

Don't get me wrong folks I've always been one of them but at some stage in my life I drifted from actually supporting them in the true sense of going to the game to becoming an armchair fan. Nothing wrong with that is there?

Well there is. For me anyway. There are genuinely lucky guys and lassies out there who go and Follow Follow on and I've got that bug back to do as they do, as I used to do.

I started out as one of those 'True Blues' following my team during our rivals 'Golden Era' when Celtic were winning everything they entered, yeah the Stein years. When I went to the games back then they won all the time and I mean ALL the time, maybe it was just me as a kid but I went back and back only to get gubbed and gubbed from that 'extraordinary' team from the East End of Glasgow.

We eventually got our status back as 'The Most Successful Club In The World' and I was there.

I'm going to keep this post as short as possible and say....I'm off to the 'Old Lady' today to watch the greatest football team ever to come into the game, and I'm shouting it from the rafters.

WATP! No Surrender!

As I said...can't wait, regardless of the result.

The way it should be big man ;)

I don't get to anywhere near as many games as I want to. But eventually I will get my season ticket back

Hey mate I can remember as a 14 year old me and ma pal walking to Ibrox and getting 'lifted over' the turnstile whilst armed with an empty 20 fag packet each and strolling the terracing before kick-off with 2p and nothing else but the empty packet in our pockets.

We'd boldly ask others "Hey mister, can you sell me a fag?" and show the 2p, always always the bloke would give you a fag and say never mind the money, sometimes they would give you 2 fags! (proper gentleman)....anyway as shocking as it is today we'd got to the game for nowt, got in for nowt, watched the Rangers and left with 20 fags each in our empty packets, blimey! why am I admitting this? Then again, we had the long walk back home. Lol! Memories.

That's the guy I'm going with today for the first time in decades HA! Cant wait. Btw...we'll have our own fags. lol!

I snatched these comments from FF a wee while ago ...

The Old Lady Of Edmiston Drive

On Christmas Day lunchtime I was in a car heading to the Fiorentina Italian restaurant and we passed along Paisley Road West. We stopped at the lights at Broomloan Road and as I wasn't driving I had a chance to take a long look at Ibrox. It truly is the best looking stadium in the world and nothing can surpass the history she has seen.

Looking at the flats around it you realise they will be gone long before the old lady. Also had another thought that she will be there long after I am gone and hopefully my great great grandkids will be going to see The Rangers in Ibrox.

+

Other inferior places get romantic and underserved names like Paradise or the Theatre of Dreams.

Ibrox genuinely has class, something other clubs can only be envious of.

+

I always try to take a detour past the main stand anytime im in the area even sometimes when its a good bit off my route.

Its got to be one of the finest looking mainstands in the world.

I feel honoured to pass through those turnstyles to see the Rangers.

+

Nothing speaks more about the people who made Rangers than Ibrox. The fact you can see her from PRW now after the flats were knocked down makes it all the more impressive. I've been to most big UK grounds and nothing compares to Ibrox. The only ground that had a similar aura was the old Arsenal ground.

I've heard Man U fans say similar things about Old Trafford but to me it doesn't come close. As a club we need to start building a team that honours our home. She truly is a beautiful old lady.

That's her