Should we keep the Sky/Jim White news feed?

Should we keep the Sky/Jim White news feed?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep the Sky/Jim White news feed?

• YES
    • NO
    • I don't mind either way

There's not really to many votes but it's clear the majority would rather see them go.

A 70% majority of only 20 votes isn't good enough grounds to even remotely consider changing anything.

Guest superrcooper7

Fair enough. I didn't think it would be. Thankfully I don't see them anyway or read everything else then mark forums read so I don't waste my time with them.

Pretty pointless poll really since nothing will change because of such a low number of votes amongst other things.

BTW as you know the poll was Ergatrude's idea and he said to make it YES or NO.

A quick look in the support forum (by anyone) would have revealed it's not very long ago that this subject was discussed. :)

Looking back at the thread in the support forum, I can see now that the idea for this thread came from there, so just let the poll run till the end of the season and keep bumping it to grab people's attention. Hopefully in another few weeks a lot more forum members will have voted and then we can look at the results.

Oh and I've added a third option - "I don't mind either way" :tu::)

Its not the feed that bothers me, I just ignore them as I do all other threads I'm not interested in reading. The issue, for me, is that they are so frequent that, in my opinion, they cause some threads in the Bluenose Lounge to be forgotten about because on the Forum homepage it is constantly a Sky News Feed thread that is displaying as new.

Would it be possible to have a workaround so that people who don't want these can disable them? & I don't mean the same way that Zappa disabled them for Superrcooper, as that is likely time consuming and unfair on Zappa. An option in settings to enable or disable RSS feeds perhaps?

Guest superrcooper7

It's not time consuming Ergatude, not really. I didn't realise it was the resposibility of one person to do this either. If people don't vote on it, it will never change, if it would have anyway. Fair play to those that like it I suppose.

Guest superrcooper7
Maybe not, but it is at least an inconvenience if 15 people ask for them to be removed.

Why? If you accept the responsibility of the position, is it not to be expected to do something if requested? I was admin on a forum before it closed down and nothing was a problem or to time consuming.

It won't be changed or removed anyway so is really pretty pointless and up to those who don't like it to ask to be removed from it as I did, most are unlikely to do so.