David Weir Leaving Gift debt - now paid

Snatched from FF

weirnoshyte.jpg

As you may have read on here over the last few days, one of the outstanding debts we as a club had was to Glencairn Crystal for the presentation gift made to David Weir (above)

Yesterday I contacted the the company and offered to pay this debt with money raised at our function in the WRC on Saturday night

Paul Davidson of G.C. thanked me for my offer but refused to accept saying he was happy to wait till the club were on a better footing as he was sure his bill would be resolved in due time.

This grated on me somewhat, after our conversation, the thought of SDoW sitting in his house on Merseyside looking at a gift which was no more than hooky, really made me feel uncomfortable and angry.

I contacted Pastmaster95 from FF whom i was informed was a friend of Paul Davidson and told him I was determined to erase this particular debt, PM95 arranged to meet with me today.

At Lunchtime today we both attended at Glencairn and after 30mins of stuborn offers and rebuffs we eventually persuaded PD to accept the money owed and a receipt was handed over.

I will now send the receipt to Duff and Phelps in order that they strike this small though important debt from our slate.

Thankyou PM95 for your "hauners" today and to all that supported the WRC Mod event which made this possible.

And Thanks to David Weir for services rendered

Rangers Forever

WATP

IMHO, a great gesture.