Boycott message seems to be growing rather nicely at the moment

Rangers supporters have threatened a boycott of away games if plans for new sanctions on insolvent SPL clubs come to fruition.

Proposals have been made to impose stricter points penalties on clubs which go into administration, as well as punishing clubs who fail to pay their players or meet obligations to pay tax.

Clear consequences for teams choosing to form a newco and transfer their league share have also been set out in the resolutions, with a planned ten point deduction for two consecutive seasons.

The proposals for newco clubs have been viewed by many Rangers fans as too severe and the Rangers Supporters Trust say they will consider suggesting travelling supporters avoid away travel, if clubs vote through the amendments.

A statement from the group read: â??The board of the Rangers Supporters Trust, like other fans of the club, are not in the least surprised by the actions and timing of the SPL decision to vote on rule changes which has now further delayed a future takeover of Rangers.

â??Given the severity of the possible sanctions, and their impact on any club who may also fall on hard times through mismanagement, it leaves us little option to give serious consideration of calling for a boycott of away fixtures by Rangers fans next season; specifically targeting those clubs who have rushed through the proposals to punish our club with these excessive and draconian penalties.

â??We will discuss this in the near future with our sister organisations the Rangers Supporters Association and Assembly to maximise impact and collate ideas on how a boycott could be facilitated if deemed necessary.

â??There appears to be a change in attitude within our support and a unified determination not seen before as we again see another attempt to persecute our club whilst we are at our most vulnerable.

â??It may also be important to consider how these severe penalties, currently aimed at one club in particular, will impact future league and club sponsorship and have a secondary impact on all clubs reducing the stature of Scottish football as a whole.

â??With this in mind we will contact several of the main sponsors to seek their thoughts on how these sanctions would affect their level of investment given the obvious inevitable decreasing level of competitiveness in the SPL in future.â?

The proposed changes also include provision to deduct 75% of league-generated revenue from newco clubs for three years, on top of the points deduction.

Clubs will vote on the proposals on April 30. If successful, the amendments will become rules as of May 14, one day after the 2011/12 season

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/303335-rangers-fans-group-threaten-away-boycott-if-spl-rule-changes-approved/

I saw Johnston from Kilmarnock FC saying he supported harsher penalties.

Disappointed and somewhat surprised as Killie are constantly fighting debt and nearly went to the wall 2 seasons ago.

A boycott here would definitely hit them hard.

If Dunfermline were struggling before they got the cash we owed them, just how financially fragile are the rest?

I saw Johnston from Kilmarnock FC saying he supported harsher penalties.

Disappointed and somewhat surprised as Killie are constantly fighting debt and nearly went to the wall 2 seasons ago.

A boycott here would definitely hit them hard.

Amazing when you consider how much cash they made from Rangers fans less than 12 months ago on the final day of last season at Rugby Park. If these people get their way and all of the tougher penalties are passed I hope they end up severely regretting their momumental mistake.

They never learn do they or maybe they've just forgotten, it's been a long time since the Giant that is Rangers fans really flexed it's muscles. Well they've well and truly woke up the giant this time, and it's time for some Fee Fi Foo Fum I smell the end of some Diddy wee SPL teams.

It's our biggest weapon and it's time to use it, I'll be really disappointed if this can't be brought to bear.

Hopefully it won't get that far, perhaps the mere thought of Rangers away support not paying their bills will be enough of a repellent and the away lads wont be persecuted for the sfa/spl's incompetence. A couple of banners at the away grounds might just be enough to drill home the message

This is a tough one to call imo. So we get docked 10pts next season our team on the park has no backing in away games, how much further do we fall behind? Let's face it 1500-2000 crowd on vast terracing ghostly atmosphere and no Rangers fans. Don't like it.

Edited by 54andcounting

This is a tough one to call imo. So we get docked 10pts next season our team on the park has no backing in away games, how much further do we fall behind? Let's face it 1500-2000 crowd on vast terracing ghostly atmosphere and no Rangers fans. Don't like it.

I don't like it either bud but I also don't like 75% loss on monies for the next 3 years if we were to newco. spl making sure they maximize their cash from sky and assuring it's safe by making sure we stay in the league regardless of our outcome. It stinks

I don't like it either bud but I also don't like 75% loss on monies for the next 3 years if we were to newco. spl making sure they maximize their cash from sky and assuring it's safe by making sure we stay in the league regardless of our outcome. It stinks

Aye, these are the same c**ts who say they can exist without us. What they really mean is they want us to disappear forever regardless of the outcome.

English leagues for the newco - Best way forward for Rangers.