Boycott message seems to be growing rather nicely at the moment

There will always be the "I-haven't-missed-an-away-game-for-thirty-years" brigade but I doubt if their numbers will be of such significance as to dilute in any way the effect of a truly organised boycott. I'm all for this. Furthermore; I would say that this boycott should start now for what away games we have this season, just to let them see what is in store for them - and yes, I do include the Midden.

Could all of this be a strategy by the Gang of 10 to force our Admins to agree to their revised voting structure proposals? i.e. if we (the Admins on the club's behalf) agreed to the revised voting structure, other clubs will water down the proposed punishments that might affect us if we are forced down the newco route?

I just hope we can exit administration via CVA before the start of next season, or whatever the deadline imposed.

Could all of this be a strategy by the Gang of 10 to force our Admins to agree to their revised voting structure proposals? i.e. if we (the Admins on the club's behalf) agreed to the revised voting structure, other clubs will water down the proposed punishments that might affect us if we are forced down the newco route?

I just hope we can exit administration via CVA before the start of next season, or whatever the deadline imposed.

You're probably right Stewarty. There's an awful lot of cynical opportunism around at present. Paper sales are up, the smaller clubs are flexing their muscle, and not a few are doing their damnedest to make sure we die.

What I find shocking is the TOTAL lack of any form of support from the SFA/SPL. Actually what exists are continuing efforts to make life as difficult as possible for the Rangers.

Be in no doubt that this is a defining moment in our history. When we're out of it, I hope we all have long memories.

I'll be pretty miffed if there are further sanctions ahead for us, and if there are, I would hope that the new owners have enough nous and balls to take us somewhere else, be it England or the 3rd division.

If these new SPL measures come into play, and we're no longer around, there will be a a chain reaction of failure in Scottish football. The TV deal will collapse, teams like Killie and Hearts will fold, and lead to others following suit.

So - in a nutshell - I wouldn't mind biting the bullet and heading out of Dodge - no matter what the present outcome.

The ineptness of the SFA and the SPL is guaranteeing that Scottish football faces a semi-professional future anyway.

Edited by bluebear54

There will always be the "I-haven't-missed-an-away-game-for-thirty-years" brigade

Yeah people can be really irrational - it's the sad collectors' disease. Some people just have to collect things that are similar until it becomes OCD. We probably all do it to some extent but some just take a bit too far where it interferes with rational thinking.

You're probably right Stewarty. There's an awful lot of cynical opportunism around at present. Paper sales are up, the smaller clubs are flexing their muscle, and not a few are doing their damnedest to make sure we die.

What I find shocking is the TOTAL lack of any form of support from the SFA/SPL. Actually what exists are continuing efforts to make life as difficult as possible for the Rangers.

Be in no doubt that this is a defining moment in our history. When we're out of it, I hope we all have long memories.

I'll be pretty miffed if there are further sanctions ahead for us, and if there are, I would hope that the new owners have enough nous and balls to take us somewhere else, be it England or the 3rd division.

If these new SPL measures come into play, and we're no longer around, there will be a a chain reaction of failure in Scottish football. The TV deal will collapse, teams like Killie and Hearts will fold, and lead to others following suit.

So - in a nutshell - I wouldn't mind biting the bullet and heading out of Dodge - no matter what the present outcome.

The ineptness of the SFA and the SPL is guaranteeing that Scottish football faces a semi-professional future anyway.

Could this be reaping what we sow with the very destructive and self sabotaging attitude of "no-one likes us, we don't care". Well we seem to care now...

Perhaps we should work at being a lot more likeable and we'd get a lot more support from the other clubs and they might finally see how bad Celtic are. At the moment they just see us as two sides of the same dirty, evil coin.

We rarely do ourselves any favours which means we get none from anyone else.

There will always be the "I-haven't-missed-an-away-game-for-thirty-years" brigade but I doubt if their numbers will be of such significance as to dilute in any way the effect of a truly organised boycott. I'm all for this. Furthermore; I would say that this boycott should start now for what away games we have this season, just to let them see what is in store for them - and yes, I do include the Midden.

Those supporters can only consider themselves selfish imo, caring more about their "record" instead of actually sticking up for the Club at a time of crisis.

Regarding a move away from Scotland.

Does anyone forsee a future where we will EVER be able to trust the SPL/SFA again, even with regime change?

Could this be reaping what we sow with the very destructive and self sabotaging attitude of "no-one likes us, we don't care". Well we seem to care now...

Perhaps we should work at being a lot more likeable and we'd get a lot more support from the other clubs and they might finally see how bad Celtic are. At the moment they just see us as two sides of the same dirty, evil coin.

Do we want favours though? I don't. All I want is for a level playing field in terms of rules in respect that they are not changed mid-season, or simply because other clubs sense blood.

Those supporters can only consider themselves selfish imo, caring more about their "record" instead of actually sticking up for the Club at a time of crisis.

Regarding a move away from Scotland.

Does anyone forsee a future where we will EVER be able to trust the SPL/SFA again, even with regime change?

Playing anywhere other that in Scotland is a non-starter in my opinion so we are stuck with them.

The only hope we have is for genuine change to occur and the merger of all governing bodies. Oh, and for idiots like Regan to get the boot.

Agreed that we probably don't do ourselves any favours. However, no matter how much we bend over backwards - or bend over - the greater part of Scorttish football and the fanbase doesn't like us and never will. They are savouring our present problems, they are gloating, and a great many would like to see us die.

That's because of success. In the football world, no one likes a constant winner.

The example being that most in Scotland cream over Barcelona - but if they were playing here, most would thoroughly despise them.

Given that we have been so successful for so many years, that level of dislike will never disappear. It's ingrained in every Scottish fan. It's called jealousy.

So, it matters not a whit about any "destructive or self sabotaging attitude." We're despised, always have been, and always will be. Me, I don't take it personally - it's just the nature of the game.

Given all this, it doesn't matter which future path we take. We'll be damned if we do, and damned if we don't. When Scottish football implodes, it'll either be our fault for allowing our administration to be that catalyst, or it will be our fault for leaving the SPL. It will never be anything to do with diminishing fanbases at most other clubs, the ineptness of the SPL/SFA or the grotesquely destructive nature of the Celtic fan base and the media.

So, let's just wake up, smell the coffee, and look after number one.

Edited by bluebear54