SPL Sanctions & the 3 bidders....

It has been reported that despite the SPL's latest announcement about proposed rule changes etc, all 3 bidders remain in the race.

However, Bill Miller & Bill Ng have both stated that they wish to discuss these proposed rules further with the SPL. Yet the BK's don't appear bothered about them at all - there certainly hasn't been any reports to the contrary.

This got me thinking....(probably not a good thing..)

I am forming the opinion that the BK's are desperate to gain immediate control, and maybe not looking @ the long term plans.

Both Miller & Ng has said that their preferred exit route is via CVA, yet both appear to be coving the liquidation route as well. The BK's don't appear to be covering the liquidation route at all (going by media reports).

I personally find this slightly concerning if things don't quite go according to plan, will the BK's be able to sustain the club?

I still assume that Mr. Kennedy will save us from liquidation and jump in with the Blue Knights if need be.

What irks is that while I can fully understand the concerns by the bidders, the sooner they get on with it, the sooner we'll be out of admin and thus none of the proposals will concern us. Unless the CVA goes down the drain that is ...

Of course, having a meeting about proposals does not per se means that these will actually be put in place. If the admins are worth half their grain, they will make it clear to the audience that whatever draconian measures they'll put in place will fall back on all teams who will suffer in a future demise of either half of the Old Firm. For taking one OF team out of the SPL competition, either because it is demoted or made toothless, will see in a drop of interest on and off the field, creating a rat tail that will whip the rest of the SPL into ruin too.

I fully understand why Miller & Ng want further discussions with the SPL - I don't blame them. They are planning on investing SERIOUS cash in the club, and obviously want to try and plan for all potential outcomes.

They may be asking about the transfer of the SPL license.....if the proposals come in, there might be less of an issue.

I just don't get the impression the the BK's are covering the bases....I may be wrong though.

Mybe the BK’s know they’re not getting anywhere near us so don’t see the point in saying much more?

Possibly......or maybe they are starting to play their cards a little closer to their chests. Whatever their thoughts, I am still getting the impression that they have a narrow scope of vision, with limited future planning.