Expected to be confirmed as the new England manager later today. Not that I really care, but I don't it's the best of appointments. He failed at Liverpool but shone at WBA and Fulham.

Seems like he would be easier for the FA to control, more of a yes man than Harry. Also by far the cheaper option. It just shows you those people running the game dont have a clue nor the countrys best interests in mind.

As Gav says, done well at Fulham and WBA but just decent every where else bar Liverpool.

Baffled why Redknapp didnt get it. The FA might not like his antics or tricks at times, and thought thats not their type of person. In a way its similar to Clough not getting the job all those years ago.....not on same scale as Clough was a better manager but there is similarities.

Saying that, this is the FA. It wouldnt surprise me if this is a short term appointment for the Euros only then Harry gets it for the WC.