Has he failed at Liverpool this season? There's absolutely no doubting that he was expected to finish in the top 5 or 6 but he could now finish 8th, 9th, 10th or 11th. Where were Liverpool when Hodgson left them?

He's wasted money on players like Carroll, Downing and Henderson who haven't performed for him at all this season. Yes, he's won the Carling Cup Final and could win the FA Cup Final but I think the Liverpool board wanted a higher placed finish in the EPL first and foremost.

I reckon he'll move on at the end of the season.

Overrated manager. Won his early Liverpool titles with the best team at the time. Won Blackburn their title with money galore.

Failed at Newcastle. Failed at Celtic. Failed again at Liverpool.

He brought morale back into the team when he came back but I cant stand watching them play. Im glad they are doing so poor at home. But I expected them to be outside the top 6 when his signings were Carroll, Henderson and Charlie Adam. He should have fought tooth and nail to keep Torres and still bought Suarez, that 2 upfront would be brilliant.

Dont like Chelsea but I hope they stuff Liverpool on Satuday.

Guest superrcooper7

Should have done better in the league simple.

I don't think he will go there and be there at least one more season. I still think Carroll will come good. Can't fault his workrate in games but there home form has been absolutely shocking and simply not good enough.

I think if you were in his shoes, you'd see winning the FA cup as a must at this point. The cup double would make for a successful season because not many clubs in the past couple of decades have won two pieces of English silverware in a season.

Anyway, I agree with Gribz that he should have tried to keep Torres. I'm not a huge Torres fan by any means, but he'd be a lot more useful up front with Suarez than Carroll is. From a merchandising perspective Torres was well worth keeping as well.

When they bought Downing and Carroll I expected their style of play to be Downing crossing the ball into the box for Carroll to nut home but they play it from side to side then lose it. Strange.