Sone aluko gets recall for super eagles

SONE ALUKOâ??S hopes of an extended summer break have been wrecked by his Nigerian recall.

The Rangers star hadnâ??t appeared for the Super Eagles in three years but has been called up for their World Cup and African Cup of Nation qualifiers next month.

Aluko, who is out of contract next month, is delighted to have been selected by coach Stephen Keshi for the World Cup qualifiers against Namibia on June 1 and away to Malawi a week later.

Nigeria are also scheduled to play Rwanda on June 17 in African Cup and it means his holiday will be limited before he has to return for pre-season - at Murray Park or elsewhere.

The 23-year-old said: "Nigeria have some big games this summer in terms of World Cup qualifiers and African Nations qualifiers.These are the games you would love to play in and if you do then it's a sign that you're doing well."

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/320854/Sone-Aluko-gets-recall-for-Super-Eagles

When we signed him I was dubious of his ability to make any significant impact.

He didn't waste any time in changing my mind though. The wee guy's been a shining light in our darkest times and fully deserves his efforts to be recognized.

No doubt performing on this stage could put him on the radar of several more clubs given his contractual situation, which will make it all the more difficult for us to hold on to him. However, he deserves the opportunity and I wish him all the best.

Edited by UCF2008