Tycoon Mike McDonald quits Charles Green's takeover team over SFA transfer ban

Regarding the 3rd party ownership rules, he would maybe have been planning to do something similar to what Blackpool did with Charlie Adam whereby the club accept money from an investor or investors so that the club can buy the player. The club then fully owns the player, but if the player is sold on then a certain cut (%) of the sell-on value is paid back to investors, thus making them a significant profit in the case of Adam. I'm sure it's probably quite a common practice and not technically breaching any ownership rules.

an abominable idea.

Definitely unsavoury even if legal. I'm sure I read somewhere that even Holloway got a big pay day from the sale of Adam to Liverpool, but the biggest chunk of profit went to Oyston personally IIRC.

Regarding the 3rd party ownership rules, he would maybe have been planning to do something similar to what Blackpool did with Charlie Adam whereby the club accept money from an investor or investors so that the club can buy the player. The club then fully owns the player, but if the player is sold on then a certain cut (%) of the sell-on value is paid back to investors, thus making them a significant profit in the case of Adam. I'm sure it's probably quite a common practice and not technically breaching any ownership rules.

Have we not learned our lesson with these “loopholes”?????????????????????????????????

Fuck me