David Grier claims Whyte withheld takeover information

Guest superrcooper7

No, but I'm not making any claims about whether the action will be adequate or not.

Wow. That's some claim. You have an opinion on ALL self-regulatory bodies?

I've seen plenty of examples where adequate action is taken. I've seen some where the action taken is over the top. My experience is that they are like everything else. A few not up to it but mostly good., but I couldn't claim to have an opinion on them all. :)

I only have an opinion and experience of 2 such bodies. The Law Society of Scotland and the lovely CA chaps.

Shambles and arse coverers, both.

No, but I'm not making any claims about whether the action will be adequate or not.

Just like I never made any claims of a cover up?

Wow. That's some claim. You have an opinion on ALL self-regulatory bodies?

I've seen plenty of examples where adequate action is taken. I've seen some where the action taken is over the top. My experience is that they are like everything else. A few not up to it but mostly good., but I couldn't claim to have an opinion on them all. :)

I happen to believe that the self-regulatory system is inherently flawed not quite the same as believing the earth is flat though.

Self-regulation in my industry is an absolute farce (I suppose the same could be argued for the statutory stuff too), any time I've came across it the last person it works for is Joe Public and for the life of me I fail to see why accountants can be the different. (Though I've never had cause to complain about mine, apart from the size of his bill of course).

Edited by forlanssister

I only have an opinion and experience of 2 such bodies. The Law Society of Scotland and the lovely CA chaps.

Shambles and arse coverers, both.

Cant speak for the Law Society but ICAS have, and continue, to take action against members. Every issue of the Insitute's "trade" magazine has instances of people being disbarred, suspended, fined etc.

I dont think that it is so much that they are "arse coverers", certainly not in every instance.

It seems that you may have been on the end of one of the actions deemed to be "inadequate" - but it is not the case ALL the time.

Not being funny here Craig, but what does that have to do with the IPA investigating D&P ?

Read my post (#74) and you will see I am responding to "Dragon Trumpeter's" post. That should explain it.

Cant speak for the Law Society but ICAS have, and continue, to take action against members. Every issue of the Insitute's "trade" magazine has instances of people being disbarred, suspended, fined etc.

I dont think that it is so much that they are "arse coverers", certainly not in every instance.

It seems that you may have been on the end of one of the actions deemed to be "inadequate" - but it is not the case ALL the time.

Where did I say "in every instance"? And I have not been on the end of an "inadequate" situation with either of the organisations I mentioned. But I certainly have experience with both.

But if every issue of the Institute's "trade" magazine throws up a bad egg they must be clean:rolleyes: Maybe I should read it in more detail, it comes through my letterbox every month.

If it is any consolation, I reckon the docs take some beating;)