Charles Green Statement

Celtic have been calling themselves debt free for years, but it's certainly not like they don't owe a penny.

The main point of it is not having unsustainable an crippling debt.

I don't think many fans would be overly worried about an overdraft.

But there's a big difference between serviceable debts and debt-free. Green clearly said debt-free so I don't think it's accurate to infer he meant debt-free apart from the loan to buy the club (and interest) plus any other outstanding monies - such as the £1.6million Close fixed charge which seemed to have been omitted from the CVA proposal somehow.

His plans probably weren't in full motion then, and it's a a strategy used throughout football, it's not like Whyte using season ticket advances to buy the club.

He said it the day after securing exclusive bidder status.

Are you suggesting his funding plan has changed since signing the binding deal with D&P?

His plans probably weren't in full motion then, and it's a a strategy used throughout football, it's not like Whyte using season ticket advances to buy the club.

He had supposedly done a deal to buy the club but the funding proposal hadn't been given to D&P? Tell us more!

He said it the day after securing exclusive bidder status.

Are you suggesting his funding plan has changed since signing the binding deal with D&P?

Not really, funds are funds, the fact he wants it paid back gradually over a long period of time isn't even a major detail. It makes sense in terms of making money, which I don't think he ever pretended he wasn't here to do.

Not really, funds are funds, the fact he wants it paid back gradually over a long period of time isn't even a major detail. It makes sense in terms of making money, which I don't think he ever pretended he wasn't here to do.

No issues with anyone making money as long as the club benefits.

Green hasn't given us much comfort in that regard yet unfortunately and his 'debt-free' proclamations haven't helped when we examine his CVA. Fact is, he was being economical with the truth and I'm surprised people are prepared to prevaricate over this given the Whyte farce.

No issues with anyone making money as long as the club benefits.

Green hasn't given us much comfort in that regard yet unfortunately and his 'debt-free' proclamations haven't helped when we examine his CVA. Fact is, he was being economical with the truth and I'm surprised people are prepared to prevaricate over this given the Whyte farce.

So what exactly do you suggest Frankie? A CVA proposal is out, you think we should be campaigning to get him to withdraw it and walk away?

So what exactly do you suggest Frankie? A CVA proposal is out, you think we should be campaigning to get him to withdraw it and walk away?

I'm only asking he offers the fans some comfort regarding his plans and finances. Do that and he'd have all our backing while his investors would make money. Continue not to, then suspicion abounds and the chances his investment will be a success decrease.

Also, if he can't fund it then he should walk away and allow another bidder to take it over who can.

I appreciate I'm perhaps being a bit negative but twice bitten, thrice shy and all that.

I'm only asking he offers the fans some comfort regarding his plans and finances. Do that and he'd have all our backing while his investors would make money. Continue not to, then suspicion abounds and the chances his investment will be a success decrease.

Also, if he can't fund it then he should walk away and allow another bidder to take it over who can.

I appreciate I'm perhaps being a bit negative but twice bitten, thrice shy and all that.

As far as I can see it's in the hands of the creditors before he or anyone else can go any further.