A whole new can of worms

Guest carter001

Guest carter001

Following this announcement I think we are only at the beginning of another race with many hurdles.

What league will we play in? SPL? Chairmen may want to vote yes but, boycots from their own fans etc may make them think again. Div 3? could the grounds cope with the volume of visiting fans (i know travelling support would be down but, some of these teams get double digit amounts of fans!), surely a safety issue. Div 1? possible with big points deductions for 3 years. Would we even get out in that time with limited resourses and income?

Are the players now free to walk? Will they want to stay if we go down the divisions. I think only young players or those coming to the end will be willing. Those in their prime and with ambition will surely walk.

Will green buy the assets and sell them asap for a quick gain?

Will we ever get an outcome of the EBT case or will it just die? Will the clubs in the EPL be breathing a sigh of relief? Or will they announce it so they can go after them.

I think there are a lot more questions than answers just now but, hopefully it will all become clear pretty soon.

I heard on the news today that the liquidation could take a month, does this delay the newco starting?

Also, do they need to send out new season ticket letters for the newco with new bank details?

I know i'm rambling but, its just some things that are going through my head.

You'd hope a lot of this could be resolved quickly enough given how long the spl, sfa and other clubs have had to pontificate about it. So set a vote for Monday to sort out the league issue, then at least we know where we stand on that one.

Guest carter001
the players believe they can just walk. d&p say otherwise.

the big tax case is gone.

season ticket letter remains the same. though renewing would be risky in terms of what you get for your money.

I appreciate that the big tax case, for us, is over but, will the findings ever be released?

Surely the SPL clubs have to vote ASAP due to the fixtures coming out soon in the SPL and SFL. Other clubs would be affected as well as in promotion if we go down to div 3, and budgets by the SPL clubs would need adjusted as we won't be there.

Also the ticket cost would be much less than what they are charging now but would the fans be willing to pay the same amount if it helps the club. If someone else was in charge maybe but I doubt it with Green there and when would we find this out? My first payment is due to come off my account at the end of the month, I might have to cancel this if nothing has been decided by then!!!

Guest carter001
yes. they will determine the split of any money from the sale of our assets.

I don't quite get what you mean? If the findings of the EBT case are not announced during the liquidation period the sale of asset money will be gone.

I was more thinking about the outcome and how this would affect EPL clubs, and their own use of EBT's

I don't quite get what you mean? If the findings of the EBT case are not announced during the liquidation period the sale of asset money will be gone.

I was more thinking about the outcome and how this would affect EPL clubs, and their own use of EBT's

liquidation won't be over until the findings of the case are known.

Guest carter001
liquidation won't be over until the findings of the case are known.

Thanks for that info.

Raises one more question though......what if it went in our favour! The current problems could have been avoided. OK we would have been skint for a few years with the ticktus deal but, whyte would have sold out and our name would not be so tarnished.