Paul Clark of Duff and Phelps looking very unhappy leaving Ibrox today

This is what I was wondering - what exactly is it, other than the vague accusations of the smelly horde, that HMRC can go after Murray for? And more to the point, given Whyte's recent record, why do they need Rangers FC in this or that position to prosecute him? Surely the law doesn't just go into abeyance when a CVA clicks in - suppose Whyte had murdered someone (not impossible, given who we're talking about, tho he's more likely to be the victim) would a CVA prevent a prosecution?

I fail to understand why we must be liquidated in order to target people, legally speaking. Doesn't add up yet.

Yeah, I don't follow HMRC's reasoning either. I can't see why it affects the charges if the old company is still trading or not. Seems like their doing it for non-legal reasons.

Could be, GS. I don't pretend to be a financial expert, but I imagine Murray would be able to simply file for bankruptcy should he be pursued for x millions of pounds both you, me and HMRC know he does not have. The point is he did not act illegally, therefore I can't see what grounds HMRC are going to pursue him on. Being a bit dodgy is unlikely to hold up in court.

Whyte is a different case and, from the little I understand, has acted in at best a cavalier and at worst outright illegal manner repeatedly over a period of a decade and more. If he has money squirrelled away, I doubt much has come from Rangers as yet, given our position; so why do we need to be executed in order to investigate Whyte?