MALCOLM MURRAY, chairman of Rangers Football Club, has this afternoon released the following statement.

He said: "On behalf of the Board, I welcome the statement last night from the Rangers Fans' Fighting Fund calling for all parties with Rangers at heart to get round the table to achieve an outcome that is in the Club's best interests.

"The Club comes first and constructive dialogue can only help.

"As the newly appointed chairman, I would like to stress once again I am not in this for personal gain or to oversee a quick sale of the Club.

"I believe this is also the position of those people who have invested and purchased the Club. The intention is to rebuild Rangers.

"Media reports suggesting the board is looking for or contemplating a sale less than 48 hours after the takeover was completed are groundless.

"We want to have the chance to see Rangers rise again and the more money that can be raised collaboratively and invested, the better for the Club.

"We would dearly like to sit down with the representatives of the Walter Smith consortium at the earliest opportunity.

"As the newly constituted board we understand that there is a great deal to be done to earn the trust of Rangers supporters who have gone through a very difficult time in recent years.

"We are all delighted that Ally McCoist is continuing as Manager. He is undoubtedly the right man.

"We also understand the anxiety about new people coming to the Club and are acutely aware of the respect and affection for Walter Smith. We have the utmost respect for Walter and what he means to Rangers.

"All members of the new board know they are servants of the Club and what is of paramount importance at present is securing the footballing and financial future of Rangers."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2813729

In his interview with the BBC yesterday he said

"Remember, Zeus Capital, who are the primary advisors behind this, were Manchester United's advisor when they floated and they went on to become properly invested in and a global brand

Zeus Capital wasn't formed till 11 years after Man Utd floated on the Stock Exchange.....:confused:

Guest Dutchy

Walter Smith and his consortium, come have a talk with us, gives as much money as you can, but make sure you bring the fans with you, as their money is what we all need and want.

But remember!

We're in charge.

In his interview with the BBC yesterday he said

Zeus Capital wasn't formed till 11 years after Man Utd floated on the Stock Exchange.....:confused:

Congrats on finding something to nitpick. Maybe they ran under a different name back then and only formed as "Zeus Capital" in 2003? As in: the advisors of ManU took over someone else and created a bigger firm?

Members of the Zeus Capital team have also worked on deals for the following football clubs, Manchester United, Leicester City, Sheffield United and Millwall.

Walter Smith and his consortium, come have a talk with us, gives as much money as you can, but make sure you bring the fans with you, as their money is what we all need and want.

But remember!

We're in charge.

... remember that no-one at the club owns more than 15% of the club's shares? As I said before, Smith & Co. or Kennedy or King or whoever wants it and can it may buy shares in the club and gain a foothold in the business. That is what we need right now. And afte the stability has returned, peope can still decide to play some power games behind the curtains at Ibrox.

Guest Dutchy

A foothold on the throne, or a foothold on voting rights?

Green has stated this is no long term thing for him, so why argue about it. Take £8-9 million and be done with it, now!

Why not?

... remember that no-one at the club owns more than 15% of the club's shares? As I said before, Smith & Co. or Kennedy or King or whoever wants it and can it may buy shares in the club and gain a foothold in the business. That is what we need right now. And afte the stability has returned, peope can still decide to play some power games behind the curtains at Ibrox.

A point I made to a mate today DB, how many are in W&Co group what amount of shares will they have each. I'm not happy about any one person ever having 51% or more again.

No one man should hold sway of us again.

A foothold on the throne, or a foothold on voting rights?

Green has stated this is no long term thing for him, so why argue about it. Take £8-9 million and be done with it, now!

Why not?

Greens not an investor he's acting CEO probably until the share issue, he'll do as he's told by the investors. We need to get this Green has the power out the way, he doesn't.