Bomber: Why I have to back bid

:facepalm:

Bomber: Why I have to back bid

RANGERS legend John Brown has revealed why he is fronting a dramatic £11million bid to rescue the Ibrox side.

Nine-in-a-Row fans’ hero Bomber is the man property developers Steve McKenna and Allan Stewart want to be the face of their move to wrest control from Charles Green.

As controversy raged over the business past of his chief investors, Brown last night opened his heart to SunSport on his consortium’s quest to tempt new owner Green into talks.

Gers diehard Bomber, currently the club’s transfer scout, said: “Rangers are my life and I will do anything to help it be saved. I would not be putting my hat in the ring if I didn’t think this was a viable option for Rangers.

“Rangers are a fantastic investment in my eyes. The proof of funds is there and it is up to the people in charge to make a decision now.”

Those funds will come from McKenna’s property company Aleftav and Brown hopes the cash on offer — £5m MORE than was offered by Walter Smith’s Dream Team — will spark fresh negotiations.

Bomber added: “Charles Green has done no wrong at Rangers, I want to stress that.

“It’s not just about taking over the club. We need serious funds to turn the club around.

“We have to go back to basics, there will be a lot of cuts.

“I just feel when those cuts are made we need people at the heart of the club that the fans believe in.

“If you have that you will have season tickets, corporate spending and the rest will follow.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4385490/Bomber-Why-I-have-to-back-bid.html

The Bomber squad

JOHN BROWN needed only two words to sum up part one of his vision for Rangers to his £11million backers: Get Walter.

Steve McKenna and Allan Stewart say they will today lodge their proof of funds with the Charles Green regime as their firm Aleftav bid to tempt the Yorkshireman into a deal.

Legendary defender Brown, a hero to Ibrox fans throughout 278 appearances in a Light Blue jersey, will shrug off any fears over the business past of two friends he trusts implicitly.

Brown opened his heart to SunSport on the vision he has for the future of the broken club he loves.

Bomber said: â??These investors are willing to take Rangers forward.

â??I am bringing them to the table to talk with Charles Green and see what can be done.

â??I have watched Walter Smithâ??s consortium fall by the wayside and I feel strongly we need all Rangers men to rally round the club now.

â??Walter is a hero to the fans and to me. The man gave me so much as a player and also as a person he has been fantastic.

â??He has shown in the right circumstances he could be lured back, you must look at that first.â?

McKenna and Stewart have been considering the Rangers deal for four months.

Theyâ??ve monitored developments and now the two Glasgow property magnates fear for the future of Gers unless significant funding is pumped in.

With the massive wage cuts staff accepted during the administration phase now scrapped, the full salary bill is due again on June 26.

Brown is part of that payroll as boss Ally McCoistâ??s transfer scout.

Bomberâ??s future is mired in uncertainty, he suffered through a nightmare season with Craig Whyte stopping one deal after another.

Brown and former Gers team-mate Neil Murray would suggest players, then see their fourth choice pursued instead of their first.

As we sat in the office of East Kilbrideâ??s K Park Training Academy, with a kids anti-sectarian game being played outside, Bomber added: â??Every ex-player I know who cares for Rangers is hurting now.

â??Jorg Albertz, Lorenzo Amoruso, Michael Mols, Artur Numan, Brian Laudrup, Gio van Bronckhorst â?? all of them.

â??Iâ??ve had messages from them desperate for even just a shred of good news. Those guys grew to love Rangers and they are so worried for us now. Playing, coaching and supporting Rangers has given me a great life. I owe them this. Look at what Ally McCoist has gone through.

â??I have been inside Rangers working as a scout and that makes me want to bring in people who can help save us.

â??Ally has gone through a shambles, I just want there to be clarity and to help him now.

â??He has faced so many problems created by the previous regimes.â?

Each day that goes by towards Judgement Day on July 4, when the SPL vote will decide on Gersâ?? fate, sees Brownâ??s anger mount.

Brown is furious at the state Rangers have been left in after the end to Sir David Murrayâ??s reign and the Whyte debacle, seething at what he perceives as a witch-hunt against the most successful club in Scottish football.

Brown, who was honouring East Kilbride school Duncanrig being crowned Champion for Change in the battle against sectarianism, said: â??This is have a kick at Rangers time.

â??I go back to my Dundee days in the early 80s when I was in a side that was so fired up every time we played Rangers.

â??They were the team we wanted to beat the most.

â??Now everyone is out to get us, they all want a bit of flesh.

â??Yet we put ourselves in this position, at their mercy.

â??There has been behaviour in previous regimes that is out of order and we must pay for that.

â??Yet surely there has to come a time when there is enough punishment?

â??Scottish football needs Rangers and a lot of teams will suffer if we are put out of the SPL.

â??Rangers have done wrong, but letâ??s get this issue on an even keel.

â??Whatever sanctions come we should handle, but we should be in the SPL. Relegate Rangers to Division Three? The majority of these SPL clubs are run by the banks themselves.

â??Can they afford the lost revenue from Sky TV and through the gates without Gers at their grounds?

â??They should think about that. Be careful what you wish for.â?

Aleftav will officially lodge their bid with new Gers owner Greenâ??s Sevco consortium today.

Brown is praying the new Ibrox supremo will get round the table with McKenna and Stewart.

Bomber added: â??I have been disgusted by the handling of Rangers and itâ??s the fans who have suffered.

â??I am a Rangers fan, one who was fortunate enough to play for this great club. My parents are in their seventies and they talk about what has happened every day.

â??I have been ashamed to see what has happened.

â??Rangers has given me everything and I want to help to give the club back to the fans.â?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4385444/These-guys-can-take-Rangers-forward.html

Seriously Bomber? Have you lost it completely?

Either he's lost it or we're in deeper shit than most people are willing to believe. Hard to say what the hell is going on, but it's not funny. Not funny at all.

Guest calgary_bluenose
Either he's lost it or we're in deeper shit than most people are willing to believe. Hard to say what the hell is going on, but it's not funny. Not funny at all.

If we're pinning our hopes on these two shady characters then we must be in deeper shit.

I can only hope that this is some ploy to draw Walter's consortium back out.

If we're pinning our hopes on these two shady characters then we must be in deeper shit.

I can only hope that this is some ploy to draw Walter's consortium back out.

Or a ploy to put more pressure on Green & co to sell up and get out of Dodge?

Guest calgary_bluenose
Or a ploy to put more pressure on Green & co to sell up and get out of Dodge?

To Walter's consortium though, not to these two who sound dodgy as hell and one is a taig.

We'll be in bigger shit if this bid is accepted.

Diehard Celtic fans.

Property developers.

Failed companies.

Allegations of corruption.

Alarm bells ringing?

Jeez - mine are deafening ....