John Brown and his backers

By all means get him on we can ask him why his mouth piece, is such a baws of things.

If he does join, I'd hope people will treat the guy with respect - as we should be doing with all members.

For what it's worth, I think he has very few if any real money men behind him? it looks like he is trying what "others" have done on previous occasions (buying the club reliant on future financial streams) but with a difference. He is bidding for the club and would hope to get it at a price that could be 'financed' by the support. I note Frankie's link to the guy pledging his money, but that will be a drop in the ocean to what the support would put in should they be called upon to do so. Also i note Mr Dingwall is claiming he was "talking to Bomber last week" that indicates to me he is hoping for an RST INVESTMENT in due course?

All well and good but how many supporters have any faith in the RST now, also is buying more shares the way to go ?or should we be looking for a new way?

For me it should be about buying assets ,if whoever is in charge at Rangers and they really mean what they are saying about supporter ownership. Then it should be on a Quid pro quo basis, financial investment in return for the deeds to Ibrox, Auchenhowie and the Albion car park. This wont happen over night but we could purchase them over a number of years for our money.

Are you trying to say I can go off the handle. :D

Just want answers mate.

The way i've picked up his relationship with Bomber is he is offering X amount with no strings attached, he approached Bomber yesterday or the day before, not the other way round. He is NOT taking any sort of role in the boardroom etc. He's a Bear, well off and has cash at hand to give unconditionally.

That's my own interpretation of his dealings with Bomber.

Please don;t shoot the messenger haha

I have been in touch with him today and he says he will join, i would assume that his phone is red hot today, so my guess is it'll be this evening he joins(?)

I do NOT know him BTW, this is NOT a friend of mine. I saw him tweet, i struck up a convo with him which was out in the open, he then DM me saying basically, what i said above. It is a 7 figure sum he has available.

The way i've picked up his relationship with Bomber is he is offering X amount with no strings attached, he approached Bomber yesterday or the day before, not the other way round. He is NOT taking any sort of role in the boardroom etc. He's a Bear, well off and has cash at hand to give unconditionally.

That's my own interpretation of his dealings with Bomber.

Please don;t shoot the messenger haha

I have been in touch with him today and he says he will join, i would assume that his phone is red hot today, so my guess is it'll be this evening he joins(?)

I do NOT know him BTW, this is NOT a friend of mine. I saw him tweet, i struck up a convo with him which was out in the open, he then DM me saying basically, what i said above. It is a 7 figure sum he has available.

Is he the only one and exactly how much is he offering?

Guest Dutchy
Are you trying to say I can go off the handle. :D

Just want answers mate.

It's funny how logic goes out the window when you pick sides! Most people that don't support Green are asking the same thing, answers.

I don't support Green, I'd rather have a fictionalised Rangers man running the club than a admittedmoney chaser. If SDM couldn't seel the club, what chance has Green got when we're back in the money???

Guest calgary_bluenose
John Brown is leading an attempted fans' buyout at Rangers, and agent Jonathan Hope has vowed to offer promotional and financial support to his bid.

Charles Green's Sevco company have taken the reins at Ibrox, with the ailing Glasgow giants having taken on the newco guise of The Rangers FC after being forced into liquidation.

Sevco completed the purchase of the business and assets of Rangers earlier this month, but supporters have protested vehemently against Green's arrival.

They want the club to be controlled by those who care about it the most - them.

Former Gers defender Brown, who has stepped down from his role as the club's transfer scout after refusing to switch his contract to the newco, shares the fans' feeling and is looking for powerful people to invest in the club.

He is leading an effort to put the supporters in control at Ibrox, and millionaire businessman Hope has revealed that he is willing to provide assistance.

Hope told Sky Sports: "I have spoken to John 'Bomber' Brown and can confirm that I am 100 per cent backing his campaign to bring Glasgow Rangers back to the loyal fans and the ownership of the club back to the people who support it week in and week out.

Business

"I can provide financial backing as well as promotional backing.

"Being involved in football and boxing and managing celebrities and music artists, I believe in off peak seasons we can raise further revenue by hosting World Championship boxing and concerts at Ibrox to help gather back revenue.

"Mr Brown and I have further business to discuss but, with my contacts and his, we can come together in every way to bring this club back up, and we will.

"The fans are backing John's campaign and so am I.

"I must stress I have no involvement with any other investors and I will be backing John Brown himself and the family of Glasgow Rangers FC on my own.

"I have no further comment to make at this time until Mr Brown informs me of further progress."

From Sky Sports: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7846562/

I don't know anything about this guy other than he had this all over Twitter yesterday, which to me seemed a bit unprofessional but maybe he got carried away with the excitement of it all.

He's taking a bit of a slagging on this site for apparently representing himself as Karim Benzema's agent - http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1581052_karim-benzema-reveals-manchester-united-interest

I see that some media outlets are carrying quotes from Jonathan Hope about Benzema going to City. The reports describe Hope as Benzema's agent. He isn't Benzema's agent; that would be Karim Djaziri.

And they want to broker a deal between Real Madrid and City for many millions of pounds! It'll look great when he rocks up at the Bernabeu in his beat up 1990's Volvo Estate!

Mind you, if Jonathan Hope does broker the deal he'll be able to move to a house more fitting with his status and not a starter home worth £150k in a backwater of Dumfries and Galloway.

I don't know if he's a bit of a Walter Mitty type, but I guess we'll find out.