Brown: Murray cancelled talks

Former Rangers player John Brown has claimed Ibrox chairman Malcolm Murray pulled out of a planned meeting on Monday in which he had promised to produce paperwork to show who owns the club's assets.

Murray had been due to meet Brown and former Rangers director Donald Findlay QC after the former player demanded to see documents proving the ownership of the club, stadium and training ground, but said the talks were cancelled at the last minute.

However, the Ibrox club insisted the meeting had been delayed and would take place later in the week.

A statement released by Brown said Murray had "cancelled a meeting at which he promised to produce the paperwork which would show who owns Rangers".

It went on: "The meeting at a secret location was called off at the last minute by Murray."

Brown, who won several titles with Rangers in the 1990s, added: "Rangers supporters know they can trust Donald Findlay and he agreed to meet Malcolm Murray and look at all the paperwork and give his legal opinion.

"Donald just wants to help Rangers supporters be able to get all the facts so they can make up their own minds whether or not they should buy season tickets. He told me he just wants to act in the best interest of Rangers fans.

"He just wants those supporters to know all the facts and it looked as though Malcolm Murray was going to produce the paperwork which shows who owns the club and its crown jewels. That is all we ask and it is what would give everyone clarity.

"But he then pulled out and cancelled the meeting."

Brown, who is leading an attempted fans' buyout, added: "Now we will try and get Malcolm Murray to the table again and give him another chance to show who owns Rangers and who owns Ibrox Stadium, The Albion car park and the Auchenhowie Training Complex. But after what has happened, I am not hopeful."

A spokesman for the club said: "The chairman had a number of meetings to attend today and the meeting with John Brown has been rescheduled, not cancelled."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/439/7860151/brown-murray-cancelled-talks

Surely it's a matter of public record as to who owns these properties? Surely there are far more important issues to be dealing with than to be going around asking for verification that Sevco Scotland owns them?

Also if I was sending someone in, I doubt I'd be going for a QC. He may be good at arguing that someone is not guilty of murder in court but I'd much prefer a business lawyer to be going in, who does this kind of thing day in, day out, rather than one of Brown's mates from the speaking circuit.

Surely it's a matter of public record as to who owns these properties? Surely there are far more important issues to be dealing with than to be going around asking for verification that Sevco Scotland owns them?

Also if I was sending someone in, I doubt I'd be going for a QC. He may be good at arguing that someone is not guilty of murder in court but I'd much prefer a business lawyer to be going in, who does this kind of thing day in, day out, rather than one of Brown's mates from the speaking circuit.

I would hope the deal is to see who owns sevco Scotland.