A Word To All Protestors.

Guest Stan Smith
Don't say that as if it's you 2 against us 2.

lets be honest here you seem to be the only two defending Murray

To be honest S_L, I'm a little more interested in what dunn_1873 says as I just read this post from earlier. Bit more convincing needed methinks!

(kudos to Frankie btw for shutting it down)

Dunn_1873

First Team Squad Join Date: Jun 2006

The Real Fans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's about time we get noticed , By breaking up a shitey protest , and unfurling a flag , I was involved in both these great things done by the true fans

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/p...926711,00.html

We are the people !

Guest Stan Smith
Dunn goes on as if it's dead on to spit and fight with fellow rangers fans which is bang out of order.

Agree generally, although I'll wait until he clarifies exactly what he meant. Can't believe anyone would admit spitting on and assaulting fellow fans or frightening kids.

FOR ALL THE MURRAY SUPPORTERS OUT THERE

Assets, administration and capital expenditure:

1. Who currently owns the Albion Car Park?

Someone in Murray's family

2. Who currently owns Edmiston House?

One of DM's companies

3. How long does the contract with Azure run and do you place any significance to the signing of a contract extension at Ibrox immediately before Azure was sold to a French firm?

Dont know enough about it tbh although I dont have a problem with a Murray owned company having the catering contract rights. I'd be more concerned with the quality and price of the scran on offer.

4. Do you believe that the expansion of Ibrox Stadium, costing some �£60million for an additional 6000 seats, offers value for money when compared with the cost of rebuilding 3 stands?

As far as I recall, it was an expensive job because of the additional work need ed to the Bill Struth stand as it's a listed building. If there was some dodgy dealings going on, do you not think some investigative journalist would have brought this to public attention.

5. Do you believe that the contract for the supply of steele for the expansion of Ibrox was put out to competative tendor?

Dont know enough about it but see above answer

6. Do you believe that Ibrox will host a european final within the next decade?

We need to lobby the SFA about that. They seem intent on promoting Hampden as a venue for finals as they have the UEFA cup this season and the CL final a couple of years back. Hardly surprising too since they have to pay off the debt of refurbishment of Hampden and both finals will bring in additional revenue as also seen by the various concerts they put on

7. Do you believe that John Greig should hold a position on the Rangers board of directors?

Only if he has the skills & experience you would expect of a board member. In JG's case I would say yes although I think I would prefer him to be supporting PLG in the same way he did for Advocaat.

8. Do you believe that a portakabin complex is an appropriate facility from which to run the ticketing operation for a 51,000 capacity stadium?

No. Shocking state of affairs.

9. Do you believe that Rangers are taking sufficient steps to defend the club and it's supporters from unjust press attacks?

No, an area we need to work on. Slightly concerned that we've not heard anything from the PR consultants brought in at the start of the season although I'm sure the work they do is behind the scenes. Would like to see PR from Ibrox a joint effort from official spokespeople, PR consultants and supporters groups with everyone having an input.

Footballing matters:

10. Do you believe that Paul Le Guen was given a sufficient budget to spend on players or, as he claims, that he chose not to spend his entire transfer budget in the summer?

In hindsight no but DM did say that if PLG came to him and said I want �£Xm for player Z then he would discuss it. Seems to me he's open minded about whats in the clubs best interests whilst midnful of the bottom line. If PLG hasn't spent his entire budget then that's his decision and he will stand or fall by the decision he makes throughout his tenure

11. To whom do you attribute our �£78million debt?

DM is quoted on Friday as saying our debt is under �£10m. DM's company bought �£50m or so's worth of shares in the recent rights issue and the funds were used to wipe out the majority of the debt. In other words, what �£78m debt?

12. Do you link this debt and the subsequent financial prudence to our 2nd poor season in a row?

Definitely. We've been inconsistent and desperately need a couple of big name signings to bring some big game experience and consistency.

13. Do you believe that we needed to spend multi-millions in the 1990s to maintain our domestic dominance? Answers of not complaining at the time are unacceptable. Looking back, can Murray justify such spending to compete with a poor Celtic or provincial clubs like Aberdeen and Motherwell?

We were chasing the European dream and it nearly came when we were effectively in the semi finals (in 94?). In WS's latter days we spent plenty and dominated domestically but struggled in Europe. Now we're doing better that we have for some considerable time (last 16 CL and fingers crossed progression from the group stages of the UC this year) but struggling domestically. It's a reversal of fortunes and a hard balance to strike unless your Chelsea, AC Milan, Barca etc.

14. Do you judge Murray's tenure at Ibrox on our domestic success or European failures?

Domestic success. 9IAR - unforgettable.

15. Do you believe that Rangers will spend significant money, minimum �£8million, in a single summer transfer window within the next decade?

Possibly, perhaps not a net �£8m spend very often unless we have a significant increase in revenue from say a quarter/semi final CL appearance and or Setanta deciding to go mental and increase our tv income by about 10 times it's current level.

16. Do you believe that Auchenhowie will produce sufficient numbers of talented players to ensure that we dont need to spend millions bringing talent to the club?

Fingers crossed. Certainly the signs are there

17. Do you believe that Rangers will directly profit from the sale of youngsters deemed good enough only for provincial SPL or English Championship sides?

Yes. Rangers own RYD and the whole point of the company is to ringfence youth development funds are ringfenced and not squandered on paying some first team dud's wages. If RYD make a profit then it's reinvested in future players so really everyone benefits. Company's make profits to keep their shareholders happy and give them profits. Therefore, as I said, Rangers own RYD so this question is irrelevant.

18. In light of Manchester United's rumoured interest in John Fleck, do you believe Rangers will ever lose out on one of their own youth prospects to a more prosperous team because of Rangers Youth Development's intention to be self-funding?

No, it would defeat the purpose of setting up said company. It is possible for players to leave for other clubs without it being anyone at the clubs fault. Until they have signed a professional contract then Rangers could lose any of their youth players.

18 questions split half and half - 9 questions regarding the running of our club and 9 regarding the consequences for our performances on the park. I dont think I'm being harsh here. I genuinely want to know what fans who favour Murray's tenure as custodian believe in relation to his overall performance.

I'm more pro Murray than anything else but dont believe he is above constructive criticism. Certainly there are a number of issues that need to be addressed. The current performance on the pitch is unnacceptable and I believe he has addresses this too by speaking to the players. If he were to do more than that it would be stepping on PLG's toes and he probably wouldn't stand for it.

However, I do believe that some of the criticism levelled against him is over the top although thats just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. I dont like the way the official web site published a story on pro-murray supporters quashing the protestors but can it's not surprising that Murray is biting back a little - he has been getting it in the neck this week.

To be honest S_L, I'm a little more interested in what dunn_1873 says as I just read this post from earlier. Bit more convincing needed methinks!

(kudos to Frankie btw for shutting it down)

Dunn_1873

First Team Squad Join Date: Jun 2006

The Real Fans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's about time we get noticed , By breaking up a shitey protest , and unfurling a flag , I was involved in both these great things done by the true fans

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/p...926711,00.html

We are the people !

I read this earlier....Its this behaviour that gets us reported in the media thankyou very much Dunn. :rolleyes:

Agree generally, although I'll wait until he clarifies exactly what he meant. Can't believe anyone would admit spitting on and assaulting fellow fans or frightening kids.

Would he not be the first to complain about the spitting on Le Guen at Celtic park but yet thinks acceptable for Rangers fans to behave the same way towards fellow Rangers supporters....then saying that they are the REAL Rangers fans? My arse they are!!!:mad:

Dont you ever say that Murray Isn't a good chairman , Because you know finewell Mr. Murray has served his time at the club and has made Rangers F.C A Proud name to support in football.

Murray has done utmost everything to keep the club running well and as far as i can remember there has never been a crisis at Ibrox .

You call this a crisis?

I call it a lack of understanding of Scottish football from the manager & players - But time changes everything , it's a building process fro mr le guen , and once the squad is built to what he wants it to be there will be no more protests etc.

Mr Murray has given this club all sorts of money i.e , Twelve Million For Flo.

Just look at the Advocaat era ffs ?

Im fed up bickering with people on this site as to whether they should protest or not , If you protest then it's an utter disgrace.

" Theres Only One David Murray "