Goian 99% certain to stay...

Goian vows to see out Rangers contract

By IAN BLACK

DORIN GOIAN will return to Rangers this weekend and claims he is '99% certain' to see out the remaining two years of his contract.

Dorin Goian

Dorin Goian

The Romanian stopper has been training at his old club in Romania, Sporting Suceava, before he heads back to Glasgow on Friday.

Goian's willingness to see out his time at Ibrox comes as keeper Allan McGregor is reportedly set to pen a three-year deal with Turkish side Besiktas.

And the former Palermo ace has says he won't follow the path of the Scotland stopper away from Glasgow.

He said: "I will return to Scotland to clarify the situation with the club. I am 99% certain to go back and play for Rangers.

"Rangers are too big a name in world football and they can't just disappear overnight. I adapted very well there, I feel very appreciated and I want to see out the two years left of my contract."

However, Goian's agent, Florin Manea, has warned that his client will be a free agent if Rangers are demoted to the bottom tier.

He said: "I do not think Dorin wants to return home. He has a two-year contract with Rangers. If they remain in the second league, Goian will still be there.

"If they get sent to the fourth league, Dorin is a free agent and will look at his options."

With regards to his old team-mate McGregor, the 30-year-old stopper is believed to have agreed terms with the Turkish giants last night.

The Istanbul club had originally shown interest in the Scotland keeper as well as Steven Davis, and despite the Northern Irishman choosing to continue his career with Southampton, McGregor is poised to join Besiktas if he passes a medical later on today.

If the deal is sealed and clearance is granted for the switch, McGregor will then travel to Austria to meet up with his new team-mates at their training camp.

Meanwhile, Rhys McCabe could be set to move to Everton as flop winger Juanma Ortiz last night signed for La Liga club Granada.

McCabe is expected to open talks with Goodison gaffer David Moyes tomorrow which would see him follow in the footsteps of Steven Naismith, who also swapped the crisis at Ibrox for the English Premier League club.

And Ortiz, who had a disastrous season in Glasgow after being one of Ally McCoist's first signings, is now preparing for life back in Spain.

Really good news IMO

Edited by Waltersgotstyle