Broadfoot - Charlie Big Time?

Goian is hardly on form, and the rest of the team bar Barrie McKay, Broadfoot, Bocanegra, and McCulloch really look at more than 60%. That said, this was their 3rd competitive game, after a pre-season of two weeks and two friendlies. We were a football team again exactly two days before the Ramsden Cup game. And whatever people say about international class folk beating pub teams all week long hands down, that is and has never been how football works.

This is no excuse for a poor showing against both Brechin or Peterhead by some players. Just a reminder about the facts. Today we had exactly four players (Goian, Bocanegra, Wallace, and McCulloch) who have played together for some games, the rest are reserves, youngsters, or newbies. That was what I referred to in the other thread. And on top of that, our team is hardly out of pre-season yet, if it had one at all. The opposition is pumping with adrenalin, is having their cup-finals each time we come calling and Peterhead even enjoyed some live TV presence. So there are reasons why results like today happen and will happen again. While people will point fingers at certain players, they should also remind themselves that we have seasoned professionals here, who, once we get into our stride, should be able to see out matches against part-timers week in and week out. And they will.

At the same time, those who have not yet come to that understanding should acknowledge that we will hardly see grand champagne football for some time to come. And while Broadfoot hardly is above "average Rangers class", he was one of the few who ran himself into the ground all day long. That his end product still wasn't better than "average Rangers class" is lamentable, but neither will he improve much, nor will he face up to grand opposition either.

Maybe in days to come Ally will blood Cole as right back, while Kirk will get back to CD or even his more accustomed LB.

Goian clearly needs games, but who knows whether he will be there in a week's time ... with a possible transfer and Cribari "lurking". By the end of the month, we'll have a clearer picture.

you know people are desperate when the excuses are being rolled out one after the other. zzzzzzzzz

Listen pal, I was tongue in cheek initially about you being the biggest moaning xxxx of a Gers fan. But I was out for a couple of hours and you have been here the whole time on a Saturday night with nothing positive to say. Go enjoy life bud! Get out of Edinburgh to start with.

Listen pal, I was tongue in cheek initially about you being the biggest moaning xxxx of a Gers fan. But I was out for a couple of hours and you have been here the whole time on a Saturday night with nothing positive to say. Go enjoy life bud! Get out of Edinburgh to start with.

think i will stick around and talk rangers. thanks for your concern anyway, casual racism too. poor show.