Our New Adventure â?? Community Style!

Great wee article written by shorerdbear which has just been put on Gersnet's new main site -

Our New Adventure â?? Community Style!

Written by shorerdbear

2012 is our clubâ??s 140th year in existence, and like all milestones we are going to celebrate it. 2012 will also be the year Rangers fansâ?? worldwide will never forget because of the crimes committed against our club or the witch-hunt from governing bodies from our national game.

However, our new adventure wonâ??t be like we could have ever imagined. For the first time in our history we will be playing football at the bottom of Scottish Footballâ??s league. You know something, I cannot wait.

Weâ??re going into the nooks and crannies of Scotlandâ??s game, visiting grounds some of us have never heard of, grounds that will sell out within an hour because of our huge travelling support, and small towns will see trade they donâ??t usually, or ever, experience.

We are all going to feel a real community club spirit on our travels. You know, where football brings the community together and most town residents are involved, little or small, in their club. Towns such as Peterhead, Annan or Elgin wonâ??t be too bothered by the gameâ??s petty, vindictive policies that currently emanates from Hampden and SPL clubs. Nor will top level corporate governance interest them that currently strangles the beautiful game.

So what will all this do for Rangers and its fans? Well, look at the queues stretching back from the Broomlan Rd stand down to the Copland Rd end for the past ten days. To a man weâ??re rejuvenated; football is what matters, backing the team, chanting the name of our heroes and coming together as a community.

Yes we have enemies, and they are not hiding it, but the focus is on football again. Support your team is the cry, letâ??s enjoy ourselves in the lower leagues is the mantra, as by the time we come back up Rangers FC will still boast to have won more trophies than any other club around the Globe.

There are not too many clubs in football that can boast over 30,000 season ticket holders, there are certainly not many, if any, that can boast over 30,000 season ticket holders in the bottom division of their respective leagues.

Weâ??re talking about football; weâ??re talking about pulling together for the betterment of the club, collectively we know what we want, and just about know how to get it.

Psst, weâ??re becoming a community again bit by bit!

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/latest-news/61-our-new-adventure-community-style

Edited by Zappa

There are not too many clubs in football that can boast over 30,000 season ticket holders, there are certainly not many, if any, that can boast over 30,000 season ticket holders in the bottom division of their respective leagues.

Season ticket sales soared well over the 33,000 mark today, which really shows that the fans are getting behind the club. It's absolutely brilliant! :drum:

I fear not getting my season ticket now as such demand is high. Payday is not until the 28th & my missus spent our last £100 on baby stuff as my wee one is due on the 22nd September, I had asked her to wait until after payday.. but I guess she forgot :hammer:

Yes and again Yes. I was asked in work some weeks ago if I didn't feel embarassed by Rangers being in SFL3. My answer was no and that I felt we were in far better company than in the SPL. The guy who asked me is a Hibbee but not a bitter one, he took a moment or two to consider and then conceded that he could not disagree. Let's have fun, let's get behind the Gers, let's make some friends.

Agreed, at one point it looked like the various bigots were determined to stop us playing. Thats why, even at my age, I'm counting the minutes till Saturday

I know, jaymak, when I went to the East Fife game I felt like a kid with a new toy and am so looking forward to Saturday in the lovely warm weather.

I fear not getting my season ticket now as such demand is high. Payday is not until the 28th & my missus spent our last £100 on baby stuff as my wee one is due on the 22nd September, I had asked her to wait until after payday.. but I guess she forgot :hammer:

I sympathise but just think a new baby then a season ticket. Brilliant. Maybe someone has a spare ticket they could give you.