***2012-13 Barclays Premier League***

Rogers is a risky appointment. Wasn't that great with Watford, sacked at Reading, done very well with Swansea but Liverpool is a whole different ball game. Liverpool are in such a mess and probably require someone with a bit more experience at the top level.

They would have been better off sticking with Rafa. His football might be incredibly tedious to watch but look how much they have sunk since he left. Crazy to think he almost won the EPL, won the CL and was runner up after.

Make it a treble with Mark Hughes...Make it a four fold with Chris Hughton

Im baffled by Rodgers appointment, Liverpool needed a top manager like Hiddink, Van Gaal, Deschamps or even Rodgers replacement Laudrup!!!

Not surprised by Swansea winning, I fancied them to get at least a point, QPR are a mess. But 5-0 is brilliant.

Liverpool cost me, had that been a draw then Id have been up huge with a 4 fold of draws....3 of which came up.

As for Arsenal...same old!

But most importantly a winning return for West Ham.

Martin O'Neil won't be a popular guy on here but it says something about him that I fully expected him to pick up points today. Can see Cuellar being an excellent signing

Arsenal had 23 attempts. They havent had that many without scoring since a 1-0 defeat by West Ham (first team to win at emirates) in 2007. I remember that game well and Rob Green pulled of the single best goal keeping performance Ive ever seen.

Just thinking Dalglish has ruined Liverpool. Carroll, Adam and Henderson for best part of 60 million....Rodgers has his work cut out. At least he has got Aquellini off the books. But considering a few years ago Benitez had Alonso, Mascherano and Garcia, they have went extremely downhill.

Arsenal had 23 attempts. They havent had that many without scoring since a 1-0 defeat by West Ham (first team to win at emirates) in 2007. I remember that game well and Rob Green pulled of the single best goal keeping performance Ive ever seen.

Just thinking Dalglish has ruined Liverpool. Carroll, Adam and Henderson for best part of 60 million....Rodgers has his work cut out. At least he has got Aquellini off the books. But considering a few years ago Benitez had Alonso, Mascherano and Garcia, they have went extremely downhill.

Sunderland were relegation fodder until MON took over. He beat the best team in the league and got them in the top half. Were it not for a huge dip in form they would have made the top 8. Liverpool have a shite team and Rodgers neck will be on the line. Their team is actually laughably bad compared to the top 6.

Liverpool have a shite team and Rodgers neck will be on the line. Their team is actually laughably bad compared to the top 6.

I think they will give Rodgers time unless they dont win in 10 games or something like that. They have Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd in 3 of their next 4 games :D

But agree their team is awful compared to Everton and Newcastle. Spurs also are better on paper but Im not sure if AVB is a wind up to football or was unfairly treated at Chelsea.

I'm a Chelsea fan and I saw nothing from AVB to suggest he's a decent manager. He is only proven in the Portuguese league and the Europa which are both atrocious levels of football. That said, in the first half today Spurs played well and should have been 2 up at half time. They have a huge lack of fire power up front and another problem in that I don't think Van Der Vaart and Sigurdsson can play in the same team. That's a huge problem as IMO they are the two most talented players they have.

Perhaps Van Der Vaart could revert to a right sided role with Bale wide left and Sigurdsson behind a single striker. That would be an awesome attacking midfield