Can Frankie or someone give me advice

Thanks in advance, I've been on about this already today - thought I'd open a new thread on it.

I'm having problems with connecting to Gersnet at times (very annoying) all my other links to other sites work fine except 'Gersnet' on both google chrome and ie.

This is the message which appears on my screen when the problem occurs....

Database error

The database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

Open the http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk'>http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk home page, then try to open another page.

Click the Back button to try another link.

The http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

As I say, this is only happening with the Gersnet link, any suggestions folks?

I am no techy... so be patient...

It is a database issue, which means that where we have the website located (websites will be located on servers) is having an issue, I think. So our website host is having an issue, which means that Gersnet sometimes doesnt load, and you get a database error.

Long and the short of it is this.... it isnt a problem with your PC and it is more than likely that if you get a database error that every other Gersnet member trying to access the site is also getting the same error message. It is a problem with the back-end host rather than the front-end website.

I am no techy... so be patient...

It is a database issue, which means that where we have the website located (websites will be located on servers) is having an issue, I think. So our website host is having an issue, which means that Gersnet sometimes doesnt load, and you get a database error.

Long and the short of it is this.... it isnt a problem with your PC and it is more than likely that if you get a database error that every other Gersnet member trying to access the site is also getting the same error message. It is a problem with the back-end host rather than the front-end website.

just to add one thing though,, if the error comes up when your 'attempting to do the same thing' every time, then its worth letting admin know exactly what you were doing when it happened. or what page you were browsing.

If its just random. i.e it just happens now and then, and doesnt really matter what your actually doing on the site at the time, like franky says the myql ( database ) server is having troubles probably.

just to add one thing though,, if the error comes up when your 'attempting to do the same thing' every time, then its worth letting admin know exactly what you were doing when it happened. or what page you were browsing.

....it generally happens when I click on the next page of any thread I'm reading - thereafter I cant get back on for maybe 5 or 6 minutes.

Funnily enough it's not happened for a while today, but that happens too - a couple of days no probs then it starts again, very frustrating. Still it's not the end of the world and I'm just happy it's nothing to do with my pc.

Best to let admin know about it tho' :thup: