Realistic possibility we wont win the league?

We've played 7 games from 36 and 4 of those 7 games have been away from home, so there's still 15 home games and 14 away games to play.

So that's 12 points we've got with 45 home points and 42 away points to play for.

I think after only 3 home games and 4 away it's a bit early to start worrying.

I've gone from being 100% positive that we will piss the league winning it by 20 points or so to realising that there is some possibility, however slight, that we may not actually gain promotion outright.

It shouldn't even be entering our minds that its a possibility. But now I think it would be stupid not to.

There are 29 games remaining. So our maximum points tally if we dont drop another point is 99 points.

Clearly we will drop points in a few more games and maybe at best will finish up with 80 odd points. Now seeing as other teams are matching or exceeding our results so far and that crap teams like Alloa and East Fife have accrued +/- 80 points I think it certainly conceivable that Peterhead or one of the others could give us a run for our money if ultimately fall a bit short.

Before I was adamant we would win this league by 20 points or so. Now i'm thinking maybe 5-10 and having to push hard til the last couple of games.

So that's 14 more times we will get a draw or get beat, Christ that's depressing.

Look at it another way Allan... Even if we only take 30 more away points from the 42 available, but rack up 40 home points from the 45 available, we'd finish the season on 82 points. I think we'll do better than that though. I predict we'll get another 32 away points and 41 home points which would see us finish on 85.

Look at it another way Allan... Even if we only take 30 more away points from the 42 available, but rack up 40 home points from the 45 available, we'd finish the season on 82 points. I think we'll do better than that though. I predict we'll get another 32 away points and 41 home points which would see us finish on 85.

32 away points I wish I shared your optimism Zappa, I seriously can't see where we are going to get an away win from. The pitches are only going to get more like ploughed fields and our team don't fancy it at the moment never mind in the middle of winter.

Edited by GovanAllan

32 away points I wish I shared your optimism Zappa, I seriously can't see where we are going to get an away win from. The pitches are only going to get more like ploughed fields and your team don't fancy it at the moment never mind in the middle of winter.

The Ibrox pitch will be kept in good shape and 3 or 4 of the other clubs have artifical pitches.... ;)

We've played 7 games from 36 and 4 of those 7 games have been away from home, so there's still 15 home games and 14 away games to play.

So that's 12 points we've got with 45 home points and 42 away points to play for.

I think after only 3 home games and 4 away it's a bit early to start worrying.

we might get ten of those away points if were lucky under Ally.

Before I was adamant we would win this league by 20 points or so. Now i'm thinking maybe 5-10 and having to push hard til the last couple of games.

I always thought it was going to be more of a battle than a lot of people were expecting and that's one of the reasons I disagreed with the majority opinion that we should start at the bottom of Scottish football. Most people seemed to be of the opinion that going straight back up through the divisions would be a walk in the park, a piece of piss, but I wasn't one of them. At full time today there were Stirling Albion players acting like they had just won a competition and would be going to get their medals in a few minutes even although they just scraped a league win at their home ground. That's because it was us, Rangers that they had just beaten and every single team we play on our journey back to the top flight is going to want that feeling of beating Rangers. It's going to be tough, very tough.

I always thought it was going to be more of a battle than a lot of people were expecting and that's one of the reasons I disagreed with the majority opinion that we should start at the bottom of Scottish football. Most people seemed to be of the opinion that going straight back up through the divisions would be a walk in the park, a piece of piss, but I wasn't one of them. At full time today there were Stirling Albion players acting like they had just won a competition and would be going to get their medals in a few minutes even although they just scraped a league win at their home ground. That's because it was us, Rangers that they had just beaten and every single team we play on our journey back to the top flight is going to want that feeling of beating Rangers. It's going to be tough, very tough.

The whole cup final, culture shock type excuse cannot be used all season.

Eventually you surely need to accept we're the ones failing?