Scotland's shame

Guest cail

Scotlandâ??s Shame

October 10, 2012 · by billmcmurdo

Great credit must be given to the Vanguard Bears for exposing the corruption surrounding breaches of protocol by HMRC staff in respect of Rangersâ?? tax affairs.

It is claimed by Vanguard Bears that several HMRC employees are under police investigation for improper handling of Rangersâ?? sensitive financial information. My own sources confirm this and I have heard that several HMRC staff have been suspended pending internal investigation into their activities.

It is clear from the Twitter screenshot produced by VB that a certain HMRC employee has been discussing Rangersâ?? business in a most unprofessional way, as well as making offensive sectarian references and personally abusive comments about Rangers club officials.

Sadly, this latest revelation only proves how widespread and pervasive the corruption is in Scotland, where attacking its biggest football team is an activity engaged in by many.

Only a fool would suggest that this persecution of Rangers takes place across so many areas and levels in Scottish society for mere footballing reasons.

Yet the powers that be in Holyrood continue to turn a blind eye, choosing to repeat their disgusting adherence to the notion that FIFA has precedence over national governments and thus â??forbidsâ? those governments to get involved in defending or protecting football clubs which are experiencing prejudicial treatment by football authorities.

In short, Rangers can expect no support from Alex Salmond and his cohorts in their fight against corruption. There is no political payoff for the SNP should Salmond decide to stick his Mel Gibson sword up on behalf of the Gers.

Typical of the societal problem that endemic Rangers-hating has produced is a comment sent to this blog from a Celtic fan who claimed that abusing sporting integrity â?? the â??crimeâ? for which Rangers FC is so mercilessly persecuted â?? is worse than abusing children.

Yes, someone really sent such an astonishing communication.

I wouldnâ??t say that the diseased mind that thinks like this is typical of all Celtic fans but it clearly shows the mindset of a certain group of people for whom their hate-filled obsession of Rangers makes them lose all rationality and human decency.

The failure of ALL our politicians to tackle this culture of hatred is there for all to see.

Once more, the Jerry Sandusky scandal in America has raised its head this week to remind us here in Scotland that the witch hunt against Rangers for alleged financial irregularities all looks rather silly in the light of real crimes that take place in the sporting world.

You have to wonder what kind of punishments would be thrown at a club if one of its officials committed such a crime and the club engaged in a massive cover-up, just like Penn State did.

Actually, no you donâ??t.

If we have learned anything over the past few weeks, it is that institutions here in the UK engage in cover-ups concerning child molestation all the time.

Funnily enough, one of these institutions has a history of Rangers-hating.

Amazing how these things all link together.

I am all for witch hunts, myself.

It all depends on the target.

After a couple of weeks hearing about Jimmy Saville and other child abusers at the â??Beeb,â? hearing about a kid abused in a supermarket toilet, reading once more about Jerry Sandusky and agonising along with millions about that poor wee lassie down in Wales, maybe itâ??s time we all got our priorities right and conducted witch hunts on the things that matter.

But as I said in a previous blog, some people are more obsessed with a football club fiddling the books than they are about kids being molested.

Like the person who sent me the comment about abusing sporting integrity being worse than child abuse.

You wonder â?? maybe he is so twisted by hate that he has lost any sense of decency.

Or maybe itâ??s just that he still prizes his Jimâ??ll Fix It badge.

Scotlandâ??s real shame is that it obsesses with alleged financial indiscretions of its biggest football club, while the cancer of hatred and bigotry grows unabated in the midst â?? and the revolting crime of child abuse is swept under the carpet time and again.

Thankfully, there are people who want to change this.

what great work? has anyone been jailed it? has it hit the news headlines yet? has a date for a governmental enquiry been set? mcgillivan admitted last year he had moles in hmrc and nothing was done. no one cares enough for action to be taken, certainly not this countries media or police force.

Edited by kuznetsov

What corruption did they expose ?

An employee of HMRC on Twitter, discussing the Rangers Tax Case with all and sundry and with a particularly one sided view of the circumstances. Add to that he describes Rangers and their support using terms which , if used within a football ground would lead to him being arrested.

Its is an astonishing read.

Edited by D'Artagnan

They've exposed a bigoted HMRC employee stupid enough to post his bigoted comments on the Rangers Tax Case blog etc, but I don't think it can yet be proven to be linked to corruption. Although everyone knows the blog in question had to have insider information and there is a corruption waiting to be uncovered.

An employee of HMRC on Twitter' date=' discussing the Rangers Tax Case with all and sundry and with a particularly one sided view of the circumstances. Add to that he describes Rangers and their support using terms which , if used within a football ground would lead to him being arrested.

Its is an astonishing read.[/quote']

so has he been arrested and sacked?

I think it will hit the papers but I don't think it will get 'Scandal' rating. Knowing the way our systems work I am willing to bet HMRC will be commended for dealing with it swiftly and it will get not much more than "HMRC employee suspended for using H word on Twitter".

I think it will hit the papers but I don't think it will get 'Scandal' rating. Knowing the way our systems work I am willing to bet HMRC will be commended for dealing with it swiftly and it will get not much more than "HMRC employee suspended for using H word on Twitter".

It won't get buried if Rangers choose to use this as a plot to besmirch their name and decide on some kind of legal action with just cause should it be proven outright..