Bill McMurdo, marching to the beat of a different drum ?

A person who owns a building and the ground on which it sits or any freehold ground is a freeholder.

You can own the use of the car park without owning the ground it sits on, Rangers didn't own the ground so how could they sell it in the assets. Now we can argue all day about the wording of the statement from the Chairman.

I don't see the problem with Rangers now buying the land outright ahead of the leasehold running out. If we want to redevelop the land we will need to own as much as we can.

You can own the use of the car park without owning the ground it sits on, Rangers didn't own the ground so how could they sell it in the assets. Now we can argue all day about the wording of the statement from the Chairman.

I don't see the problem with Rangers now buying the land outright ahead of the leasehold running out. If we want to redevelop the land we will need to own as much as we can.

Glad we got that settled.

Glad we got that settled.

Never argued we didn't own the land, we owned a lease to run a car park on the land. The newco bought that lease from the oldco as I said we could spend all day going round and round about how the chairman worded his statement.

I also don't see what the OP is trying to get at with his article, he should be praising the club for getting the land back ahead of time and for less money than the lease agreement would've cost.

As for Edmiston House what are we supposed to do, refuse to buy it from Murray because he ran the club into the ground. The state his empire is in I doubt the bank is going to let him see very much of that money.

Never argued we didn't own the land, we owned a lease to run a car park on the land. The newco bought that lease from the oldco as I said we could spend all day going round and round about how the chairman worded his statement.

I also don't see what the OP is trying to get at with his article, he should be praising the club for getting the land back ahead of time and for less money than the lease agreement would've cost.

As for Edmiston House what are we supposed to do, refuse to buy it from Murray because he ran the club into the ground. The state his empire is in I doubt the bank is going to let him see very much of that money.

I think it is pretty obvious what he is getting at, if I buy something I expect to own it not someone else, why don't Green's people just do the honourable thing and buy it themselves after all we are constantly told they own the club.

I think it is pretty obvious what he is getting at, if I buy something I expect to own it not someone else, why don't Green's people just do the honourable thing and buy it themselves after all we are constantly told they own the club.

I'm lost at what you want here, if you want the initial investors to buy the land that's fine but the share price we get to buy into the club will go up.

I'm lost at what you want here, if you want the initial investors to buy the land that's fine but the share price we get to buy into the club will go up.

What do you think your share (and money you pay) as issued and crafted by Green and his people will give you ownership of and a say in the running of, apart from being a nice conversation piece.

A tug at the heart strings as opposed to hard headed business, as long as you don't expect to much other than emotional return everything will be fine, as long as the emotions are good.

What do you think your share (and money you pay) as issued and crafted by Green and his people will give you ownership of and a say in the running of, apart from being a nice conversation piece.

A tug at the heart strings as opposed to hard headed business, as long as you don't expect to much other than emotional return everything will be fine, as long as the emotions are good.

You are buying into a club, who are telling you within the year they will be expanding their property portfolio and have plans for developing that property. The price you buy at will increase, I know most of the fans aren't interested in the share price rising but a lot of outside investment will be.

I have shares in a fair few companies, I have no say on how that company is run. You are buying into the people and their vision for the company going forward.