Bill McMurdo, marching to the beat of a different drum ?

In the article, the Albion Car park. We were led to believe that the Club owned the car park, turns out we're leasing it. The £1.3m equates to 2,600 potential shareholders money being used to purchase a car park, it's Govan we're talking about not City Centre real estate.

But in general, Green says the right things, but following through on them will be a different matter. I know he's spoke of giving National Rail £500,000 to rebuild Ibrox train station, what are the chances of this actually happening? I wouldn't hold my breath to be honest.

He says we won't ever play in the SPL again.... again very doubtful IMO, although he did leave the caveat "whilst I'm here" which gives him his get out clause.

In general I've been happy with his record so far, all I'm saying is stop talking the talk and start walking the walk. :)

In the article, the Albion Car park. We were led to believe that the Club owned the car park, turns out we're leasing it. The £1.3m equates to 2,600 potential shareholders money being used to purchase a car park, it's Govan we're talking about not City Centre real estate.

The club does own it. It's in the balance sheet as an asset and has been for years. It's a leasehold property. It's a long term lease of over 100 years. Business people would always talk about owning property under these conditions. I don't see that as misleading anyone.

Edited by Bluedell

The Albion lease has been the same for YEARS, there is no change. It just suits McMurdo now to shout with fanfare that ooh it's only a lease! The whole point is we can lease it until term or buy it out now and do something with it.

But hey there is less fun and spin in that isn't there?

Also, where is McMurdo's proof that Murray owns Albion? He didn't appear to give any there. I'm all for questions but I like a little evidence to be shown too.

Yes, we do.

If I'm reading this right and I'm probably not, we own the right to run a Car Park on the Albion Land that we pay a fee to the company who hold the freehold for that land. So Green is buying said freehold from the company so will therefore own the car park and the land.

If that's true I don't see the problem some have with Green, they should be raging at Murray instead.

If I'm reading this right and I'm probably not, we own the right to run a Car Park on the Albion Land that we pay a fee to the company who hold the freehold for that land. So Green is buying said freehold from the company so will therefore own the car park and the land.

If that's true I don't see the problem some have with Green, they should be raging at Murray instead.

Until there is fan ownership then we will never truly know who owns what.

Green said "Rangers own Ibrox" but going with Dell's rule of thumb, maybe it's on a 100year lease from Shytey Whytey.

Until there is fan ownership then we will never truly know who owns what.

Green said "Rangers own Ibrox" but going with Dell's rule of thumb, maybe it's on a 100year lease from Shytey Whytey.

It's simple look up the land registry, it will tell you who owns the land that the Albion car park sits on, and who owns the land that Ibrox, Auchenhowie sits on.