Bill McMurdo, marching to the beat of a different drum ?

As much as it grates to buy back something that should already be ours, on the face of it at the reputed prices both deals appear to make sound economic sense.

Why does it make economic sense? Why do we want or need that piece of land?

Why does it make economic sense? Why do we want or need that piece of land?

You think buying yourself out of a long term contract that costs £300k per annum for the sum of £1.3m (both figures reputed) doesn't make economic sense?

Edited by forlanssister

You think buying yourself out of a long term contract that costs £300k per annum for the sum of £1.3m (both figures reputed) doesn't make economic sense?

Surely every contract we had before Green's takeover became null and void after it? Did we renegotiate it or simply just agree to honour it?

Surely every contract we had before Green's takeover became null and void after it? Did we renegotiate it or simply just agree to honour it?

Obviously not every contract was nullified, if they were then the pies might actually be worth eating eh?

I'd call reaching an agreement to buy out the lease a renegotiation, wouldn't you?

Do we? Why do we have too?

Unless we have somewhere else nearby to stick all the cars that park in the Albion in then yes we have too.

Obviously not every contract was nullified, if they were then the pies might actually be worth eating eh?

I'd call reaching an agreement to buy out the lease a renegotiation, wouldn't you?

Unless we have somewhere else nearby to stick all the cars that park in the Albion in then yes we have too.

I'm not trying to be smart here, I'm genuinely curious. Someone can correct if I'm wrong but surely every contract was nullified? Green would need to have decided to renew it surely? If what is being reported here is a renegotiation then my question stands, why do we want this piece of land if we can walk away from it it? Is it to use it as a car park? With an average of 24 home games a season we'd need to take over £12,500 per game from it, is that realistic? How many cars does it hold, do they all pay?

Really what I'm asking is are we in the car park business, do we want to be in the car park business? Or are there other plans for the Albion?