Fans Slow On Uptake Of Gers Shares

Green is probably more interested in having institutional investors than supporter investment. Institutions are easier to handle and tend to be rational.

Comparisons with Celtic are not especially helpful. Different times and a different situation. Even so, I believe that their fans only raised around £2.5 million and the balance was made up by Desmond.

we are in the worst recession i can remember so why did the club not set a minimum of 100 shares or one hundred pound investment but it will be a bad day if the rangers fans cant put in three million are the blue knights investing or gloating common lets see the colour of your money

Their situation wasn't the same to be fair. I dont think they were starting from the same clean slate as we are. They needed the dough to stop them going tits up, we dont have that problem. I'm assuming, because I dont know too much about what happened to them. I dont think the 2 situations stand much comparison.

i thought we needed the money because of a cash flow problem.

Seriously ... I don't think Green needs supporter investment to cover the IPO although he probably sees it as a 'nice to have' and a good way of showing his commitment to the support. I suspect he already has plenty of institutional investment available to snap up those shares that the support doesn't buy.

And .... if institutions are buying then it suggests that they like what they are seeing and consider Rangers to be a good bet.