Ok it's confession time.

When it comes to the world of social media I am particularly technophobic. Perhaps there is some truth to the adage about old dogs and new tricks. At the request of others who asked for my blog to be â??social media friendlyâ? I ventured warily into the perilous world of Twitter and Facebook. I manged to navigate the former with just a modicum of pain, the latter, however proved to be a step too far. My Facebook page exists solely because Mrs D'Artagnan was kind enough to set it up for me.

Nonetheless Facebook continues to perplex me. For instance I responded to what I thought was a message from a friend only to find myself in the middle of a cyber farm. Things went downhill pretty fast after that. I noticed that on the maps section of my page Ibrox was listed as a place I had visited. This bamboozled me and I came to the conclusion, alarmingly I might add, that my wife was tracing my movements via my mobile phone. It was only later I learned from her that she had put this in manually to be something old and familiar for me in the strange and daunting environment of Facebook.

Several months on and I haven't changed it. G51 2XD still shows when I log into Facebook. Itâ??s more than just a postcode or a security blanket for a technophobic blogger. It represents over 40 years of memories and an unbroken passion for a football club. In fact it's safe to say when I first started making the pilgrimage to G51 2XD I still believed in Santa Claus.

The entry on the recent Montrose match day programme had only served to underlined this. The assertion that our club is now defunct appears to have been lost on my inbuilt human navigation system. My eyes and ears appear to have been tricked as well. Because a trip to G51 2XD allows my to see the Rangers I have followed for over 40 years amidst the choruses I am familiar with.

It's the same G51 2XD where I was mesmorised by Davie Cooper, the same G51 2XD where the King of Ibrox Park, Parlane reigned, in fact its the same G51 2XD where my older brother before me raved about Brand, Baxter and Caldow.

That's not to say some things haven't changed along the way. I no longer alight from a train at Partick and take the subway to G51 2XD. The latter mode of transport of course put me in touch with my own mortality the week after the Moorgate Disaster. Those who travelled on the old underground will know exactly what I'm talking about. And of course there is no longer a maritime passage to G51 2XD, for those of us who embarked from Kelvinhaugh and Finnieston during the long overdue upgrade of the aforementioned subway.

And despite this being an age of Health & Safety I no longer wear the obligatory customised hard builders hat, nor do I eat unwrapped cheese or ham rolls from a cardboard box which had seen better days (along with the rolls) all served with a dessert of macaroon bars. The six foot Union flag which once adorned my shoulders is now replaced by a small metallic one on my lapel. The symbolism may have changed but the beliefs most certainly haven't.

But should I trust my sensory perceptions that my club is very much alive despite repeated assertions to the contrary ? Perhaps...but a little more objective evidence wouldn't do any harm.

Lord Nimmo Smith, who chairs the SPL 's independent panel panel probing alleged undisclosed payments to players by the â??defunctâ? club, and which the club which currently plays at G51 2XD is being brought to task for, stated that Rangers FC is a recognisable entity which continued in existence notwithstanding the change in ownership. Pretty conclusive.

But there is more bad news for the proponents of Sevco...

ECA - RANGERS

And those pesky Europeans are at it again....must be some kind of grand scale conspiracy...

UEFA - RANGERS

88th in UEFA rankings. I'm sure you would all agree that's not bad for a football team, who as some would have you believe, have never played in Europe before.

So I will keep making my pilgrimage to G51 2XD to see the Rangers, and I will leave those proponents of Sevco and â??defunctâ? to their own deluded and hate filled wishes.

But I have a parting life lesson for them from a little boy who, when he first went to see his beloved Rangers, still believed in Santa.

Believing in something does not make it true, no matter how much you wish for it to be so. And the Rangers will still be here when your keyboards eventually fall silent.

Nothing you, or anybody else says will change the minds of the mentally afflicted, the hoards of BHEAST fans who simply refuse to acknowledge any facts will continue to deny any truths as it suits their bigoted,sectarian agenda,it makes them feel better if they keep telling lies,tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth!. The BHEAST obsession with all things Rangers will continue until their dying day,sad really!.