We're doing just fine! Some have short memories.

Before I say my piece this isn't a thread in support of Ally as long term manager (or otherwise). Nor is it to 'paper over' some recent poor displays and 'debatable' tactical decisions from the management team at times.

It is merely my view on where we are today - Saturday 22nd December 2012, and whether or not there are signs of progress. I only saw the second half today, but based on what I saw it was night and day in comparison to want went on earlier in the season. The second half today was top drawer considering the ages of some of our current team. We TOTALLY dominated the other top side in the league and played some real nice stuff. Even if it was only one half it was enough for me to say there are definite 'blue' shoots of progress.

WE ARE GETTING TO GRIPS with where we find ourselves.

And finally before anyone tells me "get a reality check. We SHOULD be running over teams in that league" - should we? - really? Can anyone tell me ANY Rangers team of the past (or any other SPL team for that matter), regardless of how successful, consistently ran over the top of lower league teams when they drew them in cup competitions etc? We did occasionally, but how many times did we scrape one goal victories over the years against Forfar etc?

Credit where it's due I believe. Otherwise we drive the team that we confess to love into a 'no-win' situation for the next 3 years. Let's just loosen up a bit and watch our young lads flourish - WITH OUR SUPPORT AND BACKING!

out of two cups already, are we doing just fine?

"should we? - really?" £7m annual wage bill v £10k annual wage bills says yeah, yeah we really should be and we are to an extent! we have had several high scoring matches.

the shining lights for me are our kids. it is a joy to watch them strutting their stuff albeit against mediocre opposition.

anyway, it is very hard to tell if we are progressing when the opposition are so bad. what is happening in the league now and where we sit is not unexpected or any great feat.

nothing like getting carried away with a win eh anchorman! :rolleyes:

Edited by kuznetsov

what is happening in the league now and where we sit is not unexpected or any great feat.

I never said it was

nothing like getting carried away with a win eh anchorman! :rolleyes:

I never got carried away. Trying reading it again clown. You miss the whole crux of the thread (no surprise there though). Tell me ANY great Rangers teams of the past who consistently rolled over lower division teams in cup competitions.

You know what? Don't bother. You're happiest in your unhappiness.

:facepalm: Sssshhhh!

Yeah, they love coming up with semi-philosophic stuff, don't they?

As of the topic, yes, we've got a team together that has the beating of the third division teams home and away now. The latter show character and enjoy the occasion, having their cup-finals each time they play us. For that and their effort you simple have to give them credit accordingly, not look upon them like some fellows on here arrogantly do. Our young folk will learn a lot in this environment and will find it a relief to play against better teams, when they have far more time on the ball. They get experience in the basic stuff in abundance, can hone their skills and learn of the old hands - be that Black, McCulloch or Templeton. It will not always be great or pretty, but you won't get that always and anywhere ... and obviously, any level-headed Bear would not have expected anything else this season.

kuznetsov is at least right in one thing Please cut out the name calling and insults.

Are you really referring to the word 'clown' being so offensive on a football forum? Are we really so sensitive? Come on!

Is it really any worse than the man (I assume) Kuznetsov's regular 'deluded' comments e.g. "

"that is the most deluded nonsense i have read on here in some time and there is some competition i tell ya! " People in glass houses and all that. No?

Are you really referring to the word 'clown' being so offensive on a football forum? Are we really so sensitive? Come on!

Is it really any worse than the man (I assume) Kuznetsov's regular 'deluded' comments e.g. "

"that is the most deluded nonsense i have read on here in some time and there is some competition i tell ya! " People in glass houses and all that. No?

There have been a few more insults floating about. They are not needed so please refrain. This is not just aimed at you but everyone in general.