Leggo - Latest

A fair challenge SB (and I wouldn't disagree with you in terms of the attractiveness of the scheme as an investment vehicle).

At a market cap of £50m and an RST holding of only £250k, then it's only 0.5%. I wish it was more and that a greater percentage of the £5.5m from private individuals had gone to the club via the RST, but it's a start that I hope they can build on over time.

The other way of looking at it of course, would be to ask how much influence would I have as an individual private investor with a holding of £500 (0.001%)?

Guest Bear Able
On this occasion I disagree with Leggo's tactics but the guy should be able to air his opinion without having his site hacked and his person threatened.

But, and it's a big but, how does he know the people responsible for this were Rangers supporters? Unless he has genuine evidence for that he should not be making such accusations - even if his earlier points about people being divisive just to frustrate the Trust were probably true.

Frankie the mods on FF should have dealt with these chancers months ago. The fact that they were permitted to continually post poisonous propaganda against the Rangers share issue was a major factor in people assuming that those contributors were actually Rangers fans.

They certainly were the Enemy Within the Rangers fanzines regardless of which team they actually supported.

@DougieTBO

1-Anyone buying shares through the RST can only be considered a fool I'm afraid.

2- How is FF dealing with 2 prominent posters being named?

1- The ignorance of that offensive comment is exceeded only by itâ??s irony.

2- The same way as they have been dealing with them for the past 6 months. Heads stuck firmly in sand.

I think it's fair to say every Rangers website has their fair share of fifth columnists or even just Rangers minded trolls - both the type of people I personally can't understand.

Now, you either allow them to dictate the narrative or you moderate strongly (but fairly) to isolate such people. It's not overly difficult to do on a smaller forum such as this but I do sympathise with the admin at FF and RM where they have much more traffic.

It's sometimes easy to forget when online that arguably we're a bit more militant than offline bears so even the most liberal of fans on a conservative forum such as this can appear to be hard-line to an ordinary supporter who's just interested in going to the games.

Guest Bear Able
I think it's fair to say every Rangers website has their fair share of fifth columnists or even just Rangers minded trolls - both the type of people I personally can't understand.

Now, you either allow them to dictate the narrative or you moderate strongly (but fairly) to isolate such people. It's not overly difficult to do on a smaller forum such as this but I do sympathise with the admin at FF and RM where they have much more traffic.

It's sometimes easy to forget when online that arguably we're a bit more militant than offline bears so even the most liberal of fans on a conservative forum such as this can appear to be hard-line to an ordinary supporter who's just interested in going to the games.

Agree with much of that Frankie.

But FF has more than enough moderators to cope with the traffic which is not all that overwhelming in comparsion to much busier and better-moderated planets in cyber space.

If the humble FF contributor can spot an active propagandist within a few days or so why then are the FF mods so slow in dealing with them ?

Even now, six months after constant rancid attacks on the Rangers share issue, they are still given the oxygen of publicity on FF ?

then you have some sites where mods say if you put your money in the rst it will be stolen.

LIsten mate - I'm not excusing anyone and never have done. But RM (or VB) are not the only forum where senior posters or mods lie (or are permitted to lie) about others.

It's poor form and exactly why I try to ensure we don't concentrate on individuals here.

Agree with much of that Frankie.

But FF has more than enough moderators to cope with the traffic which is not all that overwhelming in comparsion to much busier and better-moderated planets in cyber space.

If the humble FF contributor can spot an active propagandist within a few days or so why then are the FF mods so slow in dealing with them ?

Even now, six months after constant rancid attacks on the Rangers share issue, they are still given the oxygen of publicity on FF ?

Well, I don't read FF as much as I used to (and I've not posted there for 5 years or so) but from my own experiences across the community, it's not always easy to separate strong - or contrary - opinions from trolling/tim posters per se. It is easy for 'ordinary' posters to cry foul about others but it's more difficult for admin to censor opinion or ban posters based on what are often subjective appraisals of good bears. I for one don't like banning people on a whim.

Do you really think Buster and/or SDF are not bears?

I'm pretty sure they are well known to lots of people on ff.

its common if you have an opinion contrary to the mainstream on a site for you to be called a yahoo. just ask forlan.

I used to get called on on rm sometimes and I had met almost all the admin on that site at various times and games even over the years.

I still say leggos origional article wasn't about buster and sdf and all leggo has done now is muddy the watters and detract from hos point simply because those two are critical of him on ff.